Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos + Korg Plug Key - midi channel?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrvegas

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject: Kronos + Korg Plug Key - midi channel? Reply with quote

I'm a midi idiot plain and simple.

I want to connect my iPad to my Kronos using my Korg Plug Key for a gig I'm playing at church tonight.

Basically I will be launching a backing track from my iPad and then using program sounds or combis from the Kronos to "play along" with the backing track on the iPad.

I need help with understanding what I need to do on the Kronos for this to happen. Does the iPad connection, which is thru a midi cable, need to be set up on a unique midi channel using the Kronos parameters? Do I need to assign the iPad to say channel 1 and then assign the Kronos piano or strings to channel 2 so both can be heard simultaneously?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with the Korg Plug Key but it looks like an audio/MIDI interface for the IOS device. It has an audio output on it so you can plug a cable from that to the audio inputs on the Kronos so the music and what you play will both come from the Kronos outputs. MIDI wouldn't be needed as far as I can tell.

In my case, I bought a single cable that fits the Korg USB and the iPad. That cable passes both audio and MIDI without any "interface" needed. Ocassionally I connect the iPad to use the Hammond B3x app. I can key it from the Kronos and the app audio mixes back into the Kronos through USB.

Last year I used my iPad for backing tracks in my church. I used an app called iMix Pro. A very robust app that can play audio as well as video and send out MIDI messages for lights etc. I used it only for the audio tracks and didn't connect it to the Kronos. Just ran the audio to the FOH.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: