Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Kronos: will open more the current architecture?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
romanoviedo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently learned that there is a "Roland Cloud", something like the Korg Collection. Hopefully all brands continue down this path of recreating classic synthesizers and having them available as software. If they could only be loaded on the Kronos (or its Roland equivalent for the Roland Cloud), it would be PERFECT! And if the brands do not want to make it compatible, for example, the JD-800 for the Kronos, we will always have the option of having them on a Mac / PC / iPad to accompany the Kronos, it would also be very portable and convenient for the gigging musician.
romanoviedo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently learned that there is a "Roland Cloud", something like the Korg Collection. Hopefully all brands continue down this path of recreating classic synthesizers and having them available as software. If they could only be loaded on the Kronos (or its Roland equivalent for the Roland Cloud), it would be PERFECT! And if the brands do not want to make it compatible, for example, the JD-800 for the Kronos, we will always have the option of having them on a Mac / PC / iPad to accompany the Kronos, it would also be very portable and convenient for the gigging musician.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line: Nobody except Korg knows if they are planning on coming up with a successor to the now discontinued Kronos 2. No one should assume they will. The Nautilus might be the only direction they go. They might come with a Nautilus 2 dozen the road with aftertouch and sliders, but they might not. Until Korg makes an official announcement, talking about a successor is wishful thinking and fantasy.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with Roland Cloud is that it is basically a rental system of software management. At least with hardware instruments, once they're paid for, there is only the cost of electrical power and occasional maintenance to consider. The synth and keyboard collection here has required little more than one $5 chip, and a few squirts of contact cleaner/lubricant over many years of use.

bpoodoo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When (If) I buy a new keyboard, I'm not interested in the manufacturer's pay-per-sound "ecosystem" or "cloud". When I hear the manufacturer touting such things, all I see is a method of creating sustainable revenue after you've already bought the keyboard. If you want the printer to work, you have to keep buying the ink. Nah.

Hardware keyboard manufacturers should adopt the Nord strategy. The customer has bought the keyboard at a premium price. The manufacturer should then provide as free downloads all of the current and future sounds and samples compatible with that hardware. Remove all the registration, unlocking, user ID, keys, codes, and subscription nonsense.

A few years down the road the manufacturer comes out with a new keyboard with new sounds / samples that work initially only on that keyboard, plus backward compatibility with the previous models' sounds and samples. That provides incentive for the customer to upgrade to a new keyboard.

Aside from the features of a new keyboard, manufacturers need to pay attention to the user's overall experience of ownership, and above all respect the customer base as enthusiastic users of their products, not as a revenue stream.

romanoviedo wrote:

They have to open the architecture more in next model to get the Korg VST software synths inside the Kronos as new engines...

There is a logical reason in favor of it, but I suspect it would be a herculean software development and integration effort to add a VST host into the existing workstation OS (Nautilus baseline, presumably) - not to mention the likely need for a faster CPU / motherboard given the extra processing load. It pretty much means starting from scratch.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saying, do you realise Korg has currently more then 50 potential engines.. if you also count the gadgets to that, which all could be ported to the next More open Kronos (or whatever they call it).

Altough personally, i would love to see one single modular engine that can do it all..

When i look at the kronos, there is nit so much missing i would love to see..
Where it comes to engines, i would love to see the wavestate and the modwave.. and probably the Vox and farfisa engines from the Vox.
Where it comes to drums, i would love to see some of what the gadgets offer.. espescially VA drums..
And where it comes to sequencing, i would love to see something akinthe montages pattern sequencer next to the current one.. and a piano roll..
Where it comes to arps, i would love to see the nautilus arps next to Karma, and not instead of it..

I don’t think creating a fully open synth is the answer.. but an expandable one could work..
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saying, do you realise Korg has currently more then 50 potential engines.. if you also count the gadgets to that, which all could be ported to the next More open Kronos (or whatever they call it).

Altough personally, i would love to see one single modular engine that can do it all..

When i look at the kronos, there is nit so much missing i would love to see..
Where it comes to engines, i would love to see the wavestate and the modwave.. and probably the Vox and farfisa engines from the Vox.
Where it comes to drums, i would love to see some of what the gadgets offer.. espescially VA drums..
And where it comes to sequencing, i would love to see something akinthe montages pattern sequencer next to the current one.. and a piano roll..
Where it comes to arps, i would love to see the nautilus arps next to Karma, and not instead of it..

I don’t think creating a fully open synth is the answer.. but an expandable one could work..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: