Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Display replacement - alternatives parts?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackForest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:07 am    Post subject: Display replacement - alternatives parts? Reply with quote

Does any of you know if Korg's spareparts for displays are interchangeable?
What i mean with e.g. Pa4X/3x?
I might be buying a damaged Kronos 1 where the backing light is not working but apparently the touch capability is still working.

Any thoughts on this?

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
Purgatory

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Display replacement - alternatives parts? Reply with quote

BlackForest wrote:
Does any of you know if Korg's spareparts for displays are interchangeable?
What i mean with e.g. Pa4X/3x?
I might be buying a damaged Kronos 1 where the backing light is not working but apparently the touch capability is still working.

Any thoughts on this?

PA4X/3X parts are not the same.

If you require spare parts for your Kronos or other Korg devices and a few other brands mentioned there too (use their brand drop down to see them, too many to list here).

The Spares request form is here (Request the parts here and they will give you the correct part codes to use on the main Korg Spares site) :-

https://www.korguk.com/resources/forms/parts_request_form.php

Also the site is here for the spares (Korg Spares) :-

https://ip.korguk.com/korg_spares/kd/default.aspx

This is for UK People only from what I understand but it does list other countries on their forms so they may send to other countries too that are listed.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LCD Panel and resistive touch panel aren’t Korg OEM parts — have a hunt around on the forums and you’ll find the OEM part details. Last I checked it was available on Mouser.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
BlackForest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks SeedyLee, I just couldn't find details on these parts. Mouse i didn't know. Best would be a shop that ships to Germany without hassle, tax and customs etc. That's why i would need the exact parts numbers.
Or alternatively a service manual...assuming the exact numbers are in there?

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
BlackForest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it's this one here (the "display" which creates the light, not the touch-unit that I need):

https://www.algam-webstore.fr/korg-ecran-lcd-sans-touch-kronos-kronos2-500313007402-466615.html

KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though it can look appealing, an used Kronos at low price with defects might end up costing you lots of time and money. There are many reasons which can cause the LCD to stop working - and not necessarily the display itself. It can be as easy as a disconnected ribbon, or the LCD I/F circuit on the back of the screen (KLM3007 on a K2) or more complicated problems elsewhere and next to impossible to diagnose without a multimeter, scope, etc. In short, you can't know what is wrong before having the unit and analyzing the problem. If it's a K2, the part you are looking for is UMSH-8420MD-2T, but again supposing it is the problem, which is far from sure without an accurate diagnostic. I would personally wait and find an used unit that works, but YMMV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: