Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change to Kronos (and Nautilus) sound pack licensing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject: Change to Kronos (and Nautilus) sound pack licensing Reply with quote

Interesting to note this, in the latest Korg News:

With the launch of KRONOS / NAUTILUS Sound Libraries at the KORG Shop, each EXs title purchased can be used on up to three KRONOS or NAUTILUS series units owned by the purchaser. This license agreement also applies to all licenses purchased in the past, allowing you to extend the use of the software to multiple KRONOS/NAUTILUS units you own. Please note, however, that once you authorize the software, you cannot cancel it.

Space Girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting news. I just asked Korg this week about using Kronos EXs purchased samples in a Nautilus and was told they are incompatible and no samples for Nautilus at the moment.

Just checked the shop site but still not working but found this on Korg News.

There's a list here for sound samples in link but I am confused as to what I'd need to purchase if I wanted to use my Kronos EXs samples on a Nautilus?
Is it just this pack you need to buy for a Nautilus to make Kronos compat- For full compatibility, please purchase the new title EXs315 ~ 320?

https://storage.korg.com/korgms/sound_libraries/Kronos_Nautilus/NAUTILUS_Sound_Library_List.pdf

Charts a bit confusing with x's and o's not really sure what this means.
So looks like most samples will be made for Nautilus then, that's good news at least.
namruths

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With such an attitude of Korg to the client, I personally have no desire to buy anything from them.
Finally, they want to collect some dough ...
It would be better to update the OS.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new site is on, it is just not the same URL address anymore, so I simply googled Korg shop to find it.

https://korg.shop/sound-libraries.html

They finally updated the site look from the 1990s to something more up to date. Even though I find that search result "order" makes little sense. Oh well, at least it's quite a bit better than before. Oh and libraries are on sale right now for those interested. Wink
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the present version of the website, many, though not all, of the EXs libraries are available both for Kronos and Nautilus.

Here is a spreadsheet I created a while back to try and better understand what was what with the Kronos sound libraries. It's been kept updated reasonably regularly:

https://app.box.com/s/n6nkurvh9dh3i0mrp8jygmb1od2yay5e

It would appear that the Korg EXs libraries, EXs 315 through to EXs 320, are being offered to get the Nautilus to the same Programs and Combis state as the Kronos2.

Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting news, thanks for sharing

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
timg11

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applaud the change. It is a step in the right direction at least.
Now I am willing to consider purchasing EXs from the store. I'll dig out the ones I uninstalled when I acquired my 2nd Kronos.

Of course when I consider new sounds, then I run up against the program banks limits which have not been addressed. The level of effort to open up program locations to add any new sounds is quite high. I've documented the process, but it is still complex and time consuming.

In 2015 I developed a simple proposal for expanding program banks, but it has not been implemented.
Mezzopiano

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does somebody knows if this "3 authorizations per EXs" applies to libraries that already came installed with the Kronos?

I own a Kronos 2 that came with Exs 17 and 18, now i got a somewhat beaten Kronos X that needs some love, but i want to keep and exact copy of my Kronos 2 inside it, but i cant seem to authorize Exs 17 and 18
bobmusic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject: Thank you, Korg! Reply with quote

That was a nice Christmas gift!
I already considered to sell my second Kronos - that originally should be a backup for my other Kronos board - since I didn’t want to buy sound librarys twice. But now the new license scheme solved that problem. It’s like having a new instrument. Thank you, Korg!
Trinity Pro with MOSS-Board, PBS FlashRom, HDR, Optical DI
Korg Collection 3
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pity that the sale was over in a very few days, during a time of the year when, for many, there is the least amount of "free" time to be able to browse through, and "decode" what's best for us, from the complex offerings that are the Korg Kronos/Nautilus EXs and KRS expansion libraries. Slightly disappointing.

voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Looking at the present version of the website, many, though not all, of the EXs libraries are available both for Kronos and Nautilus.

Here is a spreadsheet I created a while back to try and better understand what was what with the Kronos sound libraries. It's been kept updated reasonably regularly:

https://app.box.com/s/n6nkurvh9dh3i0mrp8jygmb1od2yay5e

It would appear that the Korg EXs libraries, EXs 315 through to EXs 320, are being offered to get the Nautilus to the same Programs and Combis state as the Kronos2.

The spreadsheet list has had a bit of an update and might be useful, given that Korg are giving 33% off their expansion libraries for two weeks. Price info doesn't include the Black Friday deals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: