Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot Load previous Pa Styles?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danster72

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject: Cannot Load previous Pa Styles? Reply with quote

Hello all, I hope I am finding you well.

I received my Pa5x this morning and been experimenting with it. So far I have mixed feelings about it but I am hoping it will grow on me.

I've hit a problem where I can't seem to load my old styles from my Pa1000 or any other Pa style from previous. I've checked the manual and it has absolutely nothing about backwards compatibility that I can find. I hope this is not the case where it can't play them as I don't think I can accept this, it wasn't even thinking this was a problem and expected it to be standard.

I am going into File and then selecting the folder from my USD, selecting SET and locating the styles, but it just says USER01 and LOAD is greyed out. Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be great,

Thanks very much,
Danny
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannot Load previous Pa Styles? Reply with quote

Hi Danster

The page number 679 in the manual says:

Importing data from
other instruments
Importing data from older Pa-Series
instruments
You can import most data from older KORG Pa-Series instruments. Data from
Pa4X, Pa1000, Pa700 can be converted for the most part.
Data from even older instrument may work, but there may be even more differenc-
es, that you’ll have to carefully check and in some case adapt to the newer model.
Older Pa-Series instruments save their data into SET folders (equivalent to Pa5X’s
KST folders). You have to first convert the old instrument’s SET folders into Pa5X’s
KST folders.
Please note that conversion times may be long. A progress bar will show the cur-
rent situation on the display.
1 Open the File > Menu page

2 Touch the Import button to open the Import page.

3 Touch the Source > Browse (...) button and choose the source SET folder.

4 If you want to choose a different destination for the converted KST folder,
touch the Destination > Browse (...) button to open the file browser.

5 Touch the Text Edit ( ) button to open the virtual keyboard and edit the
name. When done editing the name, confirm by touching the OK button under the
virtual keyboard.

6 Touch the Import button, and wait for the files to be converted into the new
format.

So you should be able to convert your pa1000 SET.
Danster72

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anafree,

Thank you so much for your help, I am trying this now and waiting it to convert and see what it looks like. I am not very happy about this though, it should have been much easier or at least the same as the previous models, this is certainly not ideal.

Also, is there additional manual for the Pa5x as I must have missed it.

Thank you again,

Danny.
ANAFREE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danster72 wrote:
Hi Anafree,

Thank you so much for your help, I am trying this now and waiting it to convert and see what it looks like. I am not very happy about this though, it should have been much easier or at least the same as the previous models, this is certainly not ideal.

Also, is there additional manual for the Pa5x as I must have missed it.

Thank you again,

Danny.

You are welcome Smile

i agree 100% I hope Korg find a solution, Or at least wait for The Korg PA Manger to update their program / support pa5x

Anyway, You can download the performance guide manual from this link
https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/895/4872/
Danster72

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again, I've got the additional manual now Smile

Yes this could be a deal breaker, I wished I had researched more about this but I honestly didn't think this would even be a thing or an issue, I absolutely expected this to be normal standard requirement.

Thanks again,
Danny
korgpask

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, IMPORT SET from Pa4X does not work for me either.
It does about 30% and aborts the process.
Import CANNOT do.
Neither LOAD nor IMPORT can load my data from Pa4X.
I have nothing from Pa4X in Pa5X.
Neither the video guide nor the manual works.
Danster72

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, that is strange because the import set worked fine for me but it did take over an hour to do an entire Pa1000 set. I just followed the steps that ANAFREE posted and it worked fine. When importaing the bar doesn't always reach the end but still successfully completes the import. Then I tried some really old Pa80 presets and worked fine as well. So I am happy that I can potentially import everything I want, once its imported it's a joy to use. I think you can even have as many user banks as you want and you can make new ones too? though Im not sure but it looks like you can, you're certainly not restricted like before.
Sirashki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 3 days I have been trying to convert SET folders from various tools - Pa2, Pa 3, Pa4, 1000 and 700. Not once did the converter complete and always gives an error. It usually only converts the styles. I'm starting to worry. I can't even convert my own SET
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hope you get this working.
I don't work for Korg and have no direct connection but I would feel reasonably confident that this "conversion" issue will be resolved.
It would be a serious requirement for most, if not, all current PA owners.

I will be unable to sell up my PA4x until I have the PA5x side-by-side in order to get all my past set-ups converted successfully.
I don't just want my ("yet-to-be-approved" Wink ) PA5x to run as a copy of my PA4x but I do have many configurations that can give me a good base to utilise the PA5x's new OS and features.

Seems some are converting OK...

Cheers
Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete your sets will be converted fine !

But custom Sets with samples coming from older PaSeries will not converted completely even in newer Pa5X OS if first
not healed and completely re-edited in Pa4X/Pa1000 with issues like
- missing samples
- existing corrupted gray samples
- Looped Time Sliced samples migrated from Pa800/2X with wrong parameters that can't be translated.

Case is similar to Pa4X Next OS where some SETs were unable to be loaded.
This new file system of resources can translate only valid parameters or custom resources , mostly that were made from
scratch in Pa4X/Pa1000 , has been designed for more stability and minimal crashes so it's not forgiving at invalid resources !
So if conversion of older custom resources will freeze somewhere , this case is obvious !

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember to remove at least global from the old set (rename the folder to something else like "GLOBAL1" so it ll not pick it up)..
All issues i had or have heard with convert were related to styles ,pads,keyboard sets and global files.
None was related to sample database..
(it actually just copies the old database on convert and updates to new format when loading the converted set to KST after conversion).
I have yet to encounter any crashes on convert myself , just some failed attempts that they were not failed anyway as it turned out..They had some glitches only with file names and folder structure.Nothing too serious.
That being said, i can't be sure that there are no deeper bugs ofc as i don't own any set in the market..I have only tested a selection of the ones i own myself.

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
korgpask

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using my Pa4x for years, I am extremely satisfied. The new Korg Pa4X did not complete a single conversion from the Pa4X. Samples are correct, all model Pa4x, V pa4x work correctly.
I tried to delete SET content (style, user style, PAD, user sound 1,2,3,4,5,6.User DK 2,3..) I left only PCM and user DK 1 SET reduced. PA5X COULD NOT even import-convert this!!!

Various attempts, only FAVORITE 01, .... nothing, nothing nothing,

After many tests I was able to LOAD user DK 1 no RAM number of samples 0. Neither LOAD PCM nor IMPORT PCM helped. However, Pa5X started all these processes and the notification was "the operation was successfully completed" REALITY disappointed me IT WASN'T TRUE, the result was 0. I have recorded videos about everything. I'm not a beginner, so I know what and how to do it. unfortunately, the new Pa5x was still unable to import - convert - load anything from my Pa4X.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: