Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Samples and Multi-Samples

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davekalbach

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:56 pm    Post subject: Samples and Multi-Samples Reply with quote

showwhite wrote:
Quote:
Can't wait for the detailed sample import tutorial. So sad I did not find a word mentioning that in the performance guide from KORG.

There is an 80's Synth sound I had always liked and wanted to emulate, but never quite figured out how to get the (base sounding saw) sound right on the Kronos.

When sampling a keyboard sound from a synth (interval notes - not random sounds), would I only need just a one note sample? Then if I matched that note to the proper note on the keyboard and created a multi-sample across the keyboard, would I then have a complete keyboard full of tones?

If so, this project would be a lot simpler than I thought.

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When sampling a keyboard sound from a synth (interval notes - not random sounds), would I only need just a one note sample? Then if I matched that note to the proper note on the keyboard and created a multi-sample across the keyboard, would I then have a complete keyboard full of tones?

Ideally, if you are sampling a sound from a keyboard and you want it to sound similar then it's best to take several samples and then create the multisample from those samples positioning them in the correct position in the keybed.

Example (very brief summary):- sample a guitar sound (from wherever) - You could sample a C2,G2,C3,G3,C4,G4,C5,G5 (or more) - then trim those samples removing any space at beginning & end, then normalise and save them. Next create a multisample by assigning those samples to their positions in the keybed - save the multisample - then create a new sound using that multisample (in an oscillator) - add effects etc...etc.. and save the sound.

Hope this helps a little.

Now I know little about the PA5x but this would be the approach on PA1x-PA4x.
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
davekalbach

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Example (very brief summary):- sample a guitar sound (from wherever) - You could sample a C2,G2,C3,G3,C4,G4,C5,G5 (or more) - then trim those samples removing any space at beginning & end, then normalise and save them. Next create a multisample by assigning those samples to their positions in the keybed - save the multisample - then create a new sound using that multisample (in an oscillator) - add effects etc...etc.. and save the sound.

Thanks for the tip.

I'll give it a try

Kronos 2, Pa5X, Drumlogue, Stageman 80, Korg D32XD Recorder
Many Guitars, Roland TD-6 V-Drums, a Trumpet (HELP)
And a Kimball Baby Grand Piano
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: