Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Italy financial informations
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
menara

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject: Korg Italy financial informations Reply with quote

I compared the 2022 financial reports of Yamaha's music department : https://www.yamaha.com/en/news_release/2022/22110201/
with Korg Italy Spa results : https://italy.globaldatabase.com/company/korg-italy-s-p-a#div_financials

Guys, I'm impressed how, despite their decreasing results, korg Italy choose to rewrite from scratch a new arranger. Instead, they could (or should ) just enhance the Pa4x with more ram/rom and effects.

I think that Korg Italy's R&D have done a great job and we should support them instead of criticizing a premature OS because, regarding their financial results, we actually had to choose between a Pa5x with a premature OS and something worse.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Italy financial informations Reply with quote

menara wrote:
I compared the 2022 financial reports of Yamaha's music department : https://www.yamaha.com/en/news_release/2022/22110201/
with Korg Italy Spa results : https://italy.globaldatabase.com/company/korg-italy-s-p-a#div_financials

Guys, I'm impressed how, despite their decreasing results, korg Italy choose to rewrite from scratch a new arranger. Instead, they could (or should ) just enhance the Pa4x with more ram/rom and effects.

I think that Korg Italy's R&D have done a great job and we should support them instead of criticizing a premature OS because, regarding their financial results, we actually had to choose between a Pa5x with a premature OS and something worse.

I have to say you are taking something of a presumptuous point of view telling korg customers what they should and shouldn't do considering the money they have just spent on PA5X, why am I "The Customer" responsible for how Korg are running their business affairs?...

Their are still rudimentary aspects of operation in this keyboard that have still not been addressed after 6-months from release/purchase when considering the 1st so-called "Major Update", this update was first promised in September then moved out to October and eventually arrived in December, you have got to be kidding with this statement...

Who the hell prompted you to say that ??...
steve350

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting out a $5k product that is not functional is just bad business. Spin anyway you want. They should have waited.
MikeVVught

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Italy financial informations Reply with quote

menara wrote:

Give me a break, menara. Korg Italy is still gaining a profit-after-tax. This means there's more money coming in than being spent. Taking a closer look at that report you can clearly see it's dated March 31st, 2022
Quote:
On 2022-03-31, KORG ITALY S.P.A. submitted their most recent company financial report.

Furthermore Korg Italy is nothing more than a placeholder for Korg International.
Quote:
4 people are presently employed by KORG ITALY S.P.A..
This means Korg Italy might not be the place where the Pa5X has been created. Albeit Korg Italy still being earmarked as Musical Instrument Manufacturing I can't imagine only four people are able to run a complete plant.

No, IMHO Korg has had plenty of time, money and skills to create a better arranger than the Pa5X now is. It's a pity when such a company disappoints a sheer family of fans, supporters and addicts. There was no need to hurry (the Pa4X family still is top of the bill), Korg should have been able to make even a better (final?) update for the PA4X to keep it on top for a longer time.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Italy financial informations Reply with quote

MikeVVught wrote:
menara wrote:

Give me a break, menara. Korg Italy is still gaining a profit-after-tax. This means there's more money coming in than being spent. Taking a closer look at that report you can clearly see it's dated March 31st, 2022
Quote:
On 2022-03-31, KORG ITALY S.P.A. submitted their most recent company financial report.

Furthermore Korg Italy is nothing more than a placeholder for Korg International.
Quote:
4 people are presently employed by KORG ITALY S.P.A..
This means Korg Italy might not be the place where the Pa5X has been created. Albeit Korg Italy still being earmarked as Musical Instrument Manufacturing I can't imagine only four people are able to run a complete plant.

No, IMHO Korg has had plenty of time, money and skills to create a better arranger than the Pa5X now is. It's a pity when such a company disappoints a sheer family of fans, supporters and addicts. There was no need to hurry (the Pa4X family still is top of the bill), Korg should have been able to make even a better (final?) update for the PA4X to keep it on top for a longer time.

+1
(((((((( Abso-bloody-lutely ))))))))
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Italy financial informations Reply with quote

menara wrote:

You'd be right had this been a donation based or at a minimum a crowdfunding project.

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the OP was just a fun poke in the ribs to wake us all up with a reaction.
I may not have a PA5x or 6x yet but I am still strongly on the market for Korg's "next" arranger whatever/whenever that is - to me, it isn't here yet...
menara wrote:

Well, you don't seem to have parted with lots of money for an unfinished, non-working product yet I see.
What was the "...something worse..." you were referring to? Sure the only choice was to buy an unfinished product or not!!!
Confused Confused
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“What was the "...something worse..." you were referring to? Sure the only choice was to buy an unfinished product or not!!! “

“Or not “ sadly turns out to be the only sensible choice .

Unless you have money to burn .
petr14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Italy financial informations Reply with quote

MikeVVught wrote:

I don't agree with that. Evidently Korg didn't have any of that and evidently couldn't handle it.

I personally am glad that Korg released the Pa5X even in this condition. My Pa600 was aging and I needed a new instrument. I didn't want to buy Pa4X anymore. For me, the Pa5X is good as it is and I'm glad I was able to host the sio. Of course, I believe and expect his further improvement.

For those who are not yet usable in this state, they do not need to buy it and can wait until it is ready. You are basically blaming Korg for not waiting for you. But I didn't want to wait and your request would make me wait too.
Yamaha DX Reface, Casio CT-S1
petr14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Italy financial informations Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
menara wrote:

You'd be right had this been a donation based or at a minimum a crowdfunding project.

Not exactly. Who you choose to support by buying an unfinished product depends on your willingness to support someone, not the business model they chose. So if someone wants to support Korg, why shouldn't they?
petr14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems some people are unhappy with the state of the Pa5X and are holding Korg responsible for their dissatisfaction. But you bought this musical instrument voluntarily, Korg didn't order it for you. From my point of view, you bought the Pa5X recklessly and that is your responsibility. I bought it deliberately, knowing its condition and I am satisfied with it. Therefore, the fault is neither the unfinished Pa5X, nor the fact that Korg released it prematurely, but that you made a bad business decision.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Italy financial informations Reply with quote

menara wrote:
.. compared the 2022 financial reports ...
I'm impressed how .. korg Italy choose to rewrite from scratch a new arranger ..
I think that Korg Italy's R&D have done a great job and we should support them ...

I don't think this thread is about whether enthusiasts, fans, co-religionists or cult members are allowed to donate their wealth to their denomination.

However, it is nonsense to claim that a manufacturer's R&D would have done a good job when Korg produces an extremely faulty product with the Pa5x and offers and sells it through its distributor. Offering and selling the Pa5x as an unfinished product with serious defects and missing features are procedures that interested users can rightly criticize and condemn, because such business practices are dubious.

petr14 wrote:
... they do not need to buy it ...

That really is well known and the suggestion that you don't necessarily have to buy the Pa5x isn't helpful, it's at best smugly and therefore expendable.

Korg is responsible for the dissatisfaction of both those customers who have already bought and those who expect the instrument for sale with the advertised characteristics to be available.
In either case, Korg's business practices should be considered frivolous.

For you personally, it is okay to be satisfied with the device and not to understand why someone cannot be satisfied with a product whose characteristics do not meet the qualifications of the selling price used for it (or intends to pay for it as advertised).
Korg Italy's financial results don't help either. Study the Bonedo PR campaign, the photos of the modest company building, workshop and stairwell, which is at best a museum, and then form your opinion on the importance of R&D Korg Italy and the result of the development work of a crew of four people who were made there (https://www.bonedo.de/artikel/zu-besuch-bei-korg-italy/).

Dirk Lindemann works there as a product manager for Korg Italy and there is no showroom or public traffic there. Even mails regarding product properties are not processed there directly, but forwarded to the manufacturer due to a lack of freedom of decision! How the high-tech development work can and is done on a project like the Pa5x is a mystery.

As a holiday home for a small family, I can very well imagine the domicile of Korg Italy in the very quiet residential area near Castelfidardo. With Google-Map (StreetView 360 degrees) you get a better panoramic view from the address "Via Cagiata 85, Osimo". Next to the white trash can, turn your gaze NNW to see the Korg Italy Uffici, Annunciarsi mailbox, where you can imagine the Pa5x being developed.

PS: R&D means Research & Development (but not Rest & do not Disturb) and not only in global companies, but also in small/medium-sized family businesses, the product management processes are transformed and accelerated there, dates for ongoing projects and the presentation of new products are coordinated etc.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de

Last edited by siebenhirter on Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
kleant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine going in to a restaurant or any place actually knowingly prior that they serve poor food or unfinished or buggy products at top price but still ordering deliberately knowing prior the conditions and feeling satisfied happy about it after!!! Wow.

Costumers have every right even legal ones to be unhappy about any product which is unfinished and does not work as advertised and of course is the company fault not the costumers fault!

Just because someone did know about its conditions and are happy after still, that means nothing to many others who order and expect a product to work as it should from start like was advertised!

It's not costumers who buy to blame its pure and simple Korg bad business decision to put a product to market which its not finished still and they can not even produce by the look of it nearly a year after it was released.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

petr14 wrote:
It seems some people are unhappy with the state of the Pa5X and are holding Korg responsible for their dissatisfaction. But you bought this musical instrument voluntarily, Korg didn't order it for you. From my point of view, you bought the Pa5X recklessly and that is your responsibility. I bought it deliberately, knowing its condition and I am satisfied with it. Therefore, the fault is neither the unfinished Pa5X, nor the fact that Korg released it prematurely, but that you made a bad business decision.

And a point of view that is twisted, contrived and sadly quite arrogant.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

petr14 wrote:

Not exactly. Who you choose to support by buying an unfinished product depends on your willingness to support someone, not the business model they chose. So if someone wants to support Korg, why shouldn't they?

If you want to write a check and support a private company, you can. People donate to charities, NASA, private research groups...etc....etc.... How could you possibly confuse that idea with what's going on here?

Last edited by Sam CA on Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: