Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto Load Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:59 pm    Post subject: Auto Load Question Reply with quote

I have two K2s. The goal is both are programmed identically. I have noticed in Global mode, KSC Auto mode, that one unit displays every EX Line by line. 18 I think. The other unit only shows my personal KSC. Is this normal since one unit is newer than the other, or an I missing a setting somewhere ?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of parameters that are independent of the Save All function. The KSC Auto-Load is one of them. In other words, it doesn't matter if you do a Save Global or Save All, anything you do under the KSC Auto-Load will remain as is. So in your case, simply duplicate what you need in the second Kronos to be identical to the first.

Same is true with the Auto Power-Off, Fan Control and Rear Panel Illumination parameters, they are all saved individually and not part of Global settings saves.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
There are a couple of parameters that are independent of the Save All function. The KSC Auto-Load is one of them. In other words, it doesn't matter if you do a Save Global or Save All, anything you do under the KSC Auto-Load will remain as is. So in your case, simply duplicate what you need in the second Kronos to be identical to the first.

Same is true with the Auto Power-Off, Fan Control and Rear Panel Illumination parameters, they are all saved individually and not part of Global settings saves.

I understand, however a few years ago I fat fingered something attempting to straighten things out, and I managed to remove a ton of EXi’s. I’m a bit concerned that I might wreck things again if I’m not careful. I like seeing all the EXi displayed, I just don’t know how to make it happen.

I always create problems for myself after I “update” my SNG files.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you stay in the KSC Auto-Load tab, there is no danger to delete anything on the Kronos disk/SSD as you can only add or remove KSC files in the list, which is totally different than on the SSD. So I could remove all the KSC from my Auto-Load list and then add them all again in the list and there will be zero changes on the SSD.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
If you stay in the KSC Auto-Load tab, there is no danger to delete anything on the Kronos disk/SSD as you can only add or remove KSC files in the list, which is totally different than on the SSD. So I could remove all the KSC from my Auto-Load list and then add them all again in the list and there will be zero changes on the SSD.

First of all, thanks for your reply. My problem is, there is no list displayed like there is on the other K. There’s just one item…KSC
pete.m

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Falcon,

I use a Kronos X, and I also have an issue with something to do with the Auto-load tab and my samples which I've never figured out. It's not exactly the same as your problem, but I wonder if it might be related.

I also have a few additional EXs installed, together with KSC backups that I periodically take. Part of the KSC back up is my own sampling, consisting of lots of multisamples containing drum samples that I've loaded up and assigned across the keys to make kits/programs of 61 drum sounds.

At some point, as a result of backing up, many of those multis and their associated samples have disappeared from the sampling page. Although some (but not all) of the kits/programs remained intact and playable, many were lost and the sampling pages wouldn't show any multis or samples at all - adding any new samples or multis would therefore be loaded up and saved as the first samples and multis.

In the auto-load page, everything still just shows up as a KSC, same as it would do in any event.

In a way, I haven't minded too much, because I prefer to work on new sounds rather than go back over old ones, but it's still weird and unhelpful. Like I said, my issue is different and I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but I do wonder if the two are related in some way. I just wonder if there's something that both you and I are inadvertently doing that is affecting what appears to be stored somehow.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pete.m wrote:
Hi Falcon,

I use a Kronos X, and I also have an issue with something to do with the Auto-load tab and my samples which I've never figured out. It's not exactly the same as your problem, but I wonder if it might be related.

I also have a few additional EXs installed, together with KSC backups that I periodically take. Part of the KSC back up is my own sampling, consisting of lots of multisamples containing drum samples that I've loaded up and assigned across the keys to make kits/programs of 61 drum sounds.

At some point, as a result of backing up, many of those multis and their associated samples have disappeared from the sampling page. Although some (but not all) of the kits/programs remained intact and playable, many were lost and the sampling pages wouldn't show any multis or samples at all - adding any new samples or multis would therefore be loaded up and saved as the first samples and multis.

In the auto-load page, everything still just shows up as a KSC, same as it would do in any event.

In a way, I haven't minded too much, because I prefer to work on new sounds rather than go back over old ones, but it's still weird and unhelpful. Like I said, my issue is different and I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but I do wonder if the two are related in some way. I just wonder if there's something that both you and I are inadvertently doing that is affecting what appears to be stored somehow.

NOTE… All of the EXi’s are included in the KSC folder, they just are not listed line by line in the Auto Load tab.

I thought I was the only one with this issue. Like you, everything works, but what we’re seeing is strange. Maybe someone here will know what the fix is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: