Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1-4 Keyboard Set Lock

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bernie9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:03 pm    Post subject: 1-4 Keyboard Set Lock Reply with quote

I have made up a special set that I want to use on special occasions and I don't want it to change when I bring up different registrations. I found the lock under Global that freezes it, and it works perfectly to play the styles I had saved with many songs with my keyboard set.

The first problem is that the set is not saved when I turn the Pa4X on again with the Global lock still on. When I turn the lock off it returns. Also does the Style to keyboard set button become a part of this?

The second thing is if I want to switch off from playing my special keyboard set temporarily, and play the sets originally contained in my songs, what should I do so I will not erase my special set.

Sorry for the clumsy question, but I am in my 80's and not very tech savvy.
Hammond SK1
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 1-4 Keyboard Set Lock Reply with quote

Bernie9 wrote:
I have made up a special set that I want to use on special occasions and I don't want it to change when I bring up different registrations. ...

What you do with freezing your four keyboard registrations is the temporary function "Keyboard Sets Lock" added with OS 3.0.

When this lock is closed, the four currently selected Keyboard Sets are preserved, when choosing a different Style or SongBook Entry.
With this lock open, selecting a Style or SongBook Entry will select the four Keyboard Sets they contain.
If closing that lock again the last current four Keyboard Sets will be locked.
The lock of the four Keyboard Sets is lost before you turn the Pa4X on again or in case you switch off playing.

If you turn on Pa4x and want to get your special set first select that style memorized with your special set of registrations and than activate Keyboard Sets Lock.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Bernie9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your very helpful response. Once again you have saved the day.
Hammond SK1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: