Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anybody noticed that this entire board is constant bugs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
recreational

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:59 pm    Post subject: Has anybody noticed that this entire board is constant bugs Reply with quote

Like, it's really rare to see any appreciation posts or good experiences when you actually delve into this forum board. Does that not itself speak to Korg with regards to their execution of this product line? Does anyone who's "moderately or just barely satisfied (is how I would describe my purchase)" (or even has a more positive opinion than mine) disagree with - what seems to now be a prevailing opinion, if you ask me - that there has been a really bad course change at some point with Korg and their product design and marketing scheme (especially with this aftertouch edition nonsense) ... ?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos owner here (not Nautilus). They say satisfied customers don't write on forums, only people who have problems. But in the case of the Nautilus and, since a few years, Korg's attitude in general, there are quite a few problems.

The ridiculous Nautilus AT advent speaks for itself. Korg is lurking and aware but never getting in touch with its customers. Worse : on the Korg UK's YT channel, many people wrote critics under the Nautilus AT video and all those comments were erased, even though some had interesting ideas for them to apply in order to avoid other such mistakes in the future. This is proof that they refuse criticism and do not care nor have the slightest appreciation for their customers. At the very least, they could reply they take the constructive criticism into consideration.

What's more, we don't see guys like Martin Hines or Dan Philips anymore writing here. Heck, our great Sharp is mentioning these forums might disappear in the next future because he can't handle alone the costs of keeping this site working anymore. Here as well, Korg doesn't give a rat's ass, even though this community here has been offering solutions and also certainly participating in spreading the news about Korg's new products and therefore helping them achieve better sales and view online.

About the Nautilus itself, most of the problems reported seem to imply insufficient care to test their product before release, with some obvious mistakes (questionable choice of low quality and too small SSD, etc.).

Compared to how Korg was top notch in terms of innovation and creating great products for musicians when Mr Tsutomu Katoh was at the wheel, its current management and especially R&D team is completely out of touch and showing a deplorable lack of interest and appreciation towards the people who buy their products.
Solistra

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Nautilus sound and the minimalism of the control surface, for me at least would not be too much of a problem if the screen were larger. Some of the text is incredibly small and would be almost impossible to read under stage lighting, at least for my eyes anyway.

The other thing that really hacks me off is the quality of the keybed. The keys are nice to play on, better than the MODX for example but, I have the problem with three of the black keys which have that springy/click type noise when even touched lightly. So incredibly annoying and surprising on a keyboard at this price point.

Nautilus could have been a superb keyboard. Instead they have reduced it to mediocrity and that is unforgivable.

As for KORG's input or interest in this forum, it seems they are content to get the free advertising and product support provided here at next to no cost to themselves. But, they are not the only ones doing this. I also run a large big brand forum. And much like Sharp, I have funded it myself for the past 22 years. I do have fairly regular contact with the brand but they have never supported the forum and it is only in the past 12 months that we have had someone from the company posting there. Probably because we get more traffic than their own site Wink

If these companies can get us lot to promote and support their products for free, there is next to no chance they will want to spend any money on us.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Many aspects KORG should be thankful to this forum,

Sharp,s site has in so many years helped to solve things.
Just look at the KORG now, instead of taking things seriously, They prefer to DO NOTHING about anything!!!

And the result, People says BYE BYE!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: