Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drumkits/Samples Not Loading OS v1.2.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gflow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:44 pm    Post subject: Drumkits/Samples Not Loading OS v1.2.0 Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I recently updated the OS on my Korg Pa5x to the newest version. After installing it, I noticed that some of the user samples in a few of the Drumkits do not work. Also, it seems that some of the bass lines have gone missing (RX Noise notes that have a slide bass note) There were no issues with the set and these specific samples with v1.1.0.

I tried reloading the PCM and individual sound (Drumkit). Still nothing. I get the error "sound loading incomplete" (something along those lines).

Anyone know what could be causing this and if there is any way to solve this problem? Thank you.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you had saved ALL.KST custom resources before updating to v1.2 according to Update PDF instructions ?
- You never load just PCM , you only load SOUND folder and if samples were correctly saved , then all that are
contained in loading Sounds will be also loaded.
- If you see incomplete samples loading while loading only sound resources , this means that not all all samples
were saved in resources KST folder and you have to use initial Pa4X.SET again for converting and loading.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Gflow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Did you had saved ALL.KST custom resources before updating to v1.2 according to Update PDF instructions ?
- You never load just PCM , you only load SOUND folder and if samples were correctly saved , then all that are
contained in loading Sounds will be also loaded.
- If you see incomplete samples loading while loading only sound resources , this means that not all all samples
were saved in resources KST folder and you have to use initial Pa4X.SET again for converting and loading.

Thanks for your response!
I made a backup and saved my KST set before conducting the update on the keyboard.

Oddly enough to your point, after writing this post I also tried reconverting the original 4x set to the 5x set using the new feature in v1.2.0 then I tried loading that converted KST into the 5x. Same issues again. Those same samples are not working. Even when I tried loading the sound folder again and the specific affected drum kit individually, there are still custom samples within the DrumKit that are missing (i.e. kick, percussion etc. This seems to be affecting only a few drumkits and sounds.

I went back and reinstalled OS 1.1.0 and those samples are working again. Same set, just different OS. This is very weird and I'm not sure why it's only affecting a few sampled sounds within that drumkit and not the entire drumkit

Could this be a potential bug? Thank you for your help.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gflow wrote:
I went back and reinstalled OS 1.1.0 and those samples are working again. Same set, just different OS.
This is very weird and I'm not sure why it's only affecting a few sampled sounds within that drumkit and not the entire drumkit
Could this be a potential bug?

As many of you have remarked , Pa4X conversion to Pa5X resources concerns only Styles & KBD Set files and not DOUND.
According to my findings so far , Pa5X OS v1.1 & 1.2 are using the same PCM protocol with Pa4X so while loading SOUND
folder or individual Sound Banks , all samples are loaded from PCM container that was created by Pa4X see my tricky direct
loading from a Pa4X SET http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=127513&view=next&sid=229a8a5f3cf2035f7239fe14aafd0d27

I have loaded many Pa4X sound resources in both OS and the behavior is identical in all versions , but with resources that were
created exclusively in Pa4X and not migrated from older Pa like Pa800/Pa3X with corrupted samples , drum samples with loops
enabled and other issues that can't be loaded correctly even in Pa4X.
In Pa4X you can't see samples issues by loading a set , only if you load only SOUND banks missing samples will be noticed !
Therefore maybe Pa5X OS v1.2 is more selective in samples with code issues and do not load some of them.

If while older Pa5X OS you see those Drumkits working then save only those Drumkits and PCM in a Temp.KST folder and under
OS v1.2 , try to load only those Drumkits from saved DK bank.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Gflow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Gflow wrote:
I went back and reinstalled OS 1.1.0 and those samples are working again. Same set, just different OS.
This is very weird and I'm not sure why it's only affecting a few sampled sounds within that drumkit and not the entire drumkit
Could this be a potential bug?

As many of you have remarked , Pa4X conversion to Pa5X resources concerns only Styles & KBD Set files and not DOUND.
According to my findings so far , Pa5X OS v1.1 & 1.2 are using the same PCM protocol with Pa4X so while loading SOUND
folder or individual Sound Banks , all samples are loaded from PCM container that was created by Pa4X see my tricky direct
loading from a Pa4X SET http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=127513&view=next&sid=229a8a5f3cf2035f7239fe14aafd0d27

I have loaded many Pa4X sound resources in both OS and the behavior is identical in all versions , but with resources that were
created exclusively in Pa4X and not migrated from older Pa like Pa800/Pa3X with corrupted samples , drum samples with loops
enabled and other issues that can't be loaded correctly even in Pa4X.
In Pa4X you can't see samples issues by loading a set , only if you load only SOUND banks missing samples will be noticed !
Therefore maybe Pa5X OS v1.2 is more selective in samples with code issues and do not load some of them.

If while older Pa5X OS you see those Drumkits working then save only those Drumkits and PCM in a Temp.KST folder and under
OS v1.2 , try to load only those Drumkits from saved DK bank.

Hope this helps

Thanks for taking the time to explain that.

Almost all of the samples and kits were made exclusively on the pa3x which I converted to pa4x (borrowed my friend's 4x one day to convert my 3x set). When I got the pa5x a few months back, I followed your instructions in the other thread you posted about loading 4x sets and things seemed fine for the most part (asides from some clipping issues for some samples). I think this is an OS 1.2.0 issue.

I will give your suggestion a try sometime this weekend and let you know how it goes. Appreciate your thoughts surrounding this.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this same issue.
Gflow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I ended up figuring this out in case other users have similar issues.

If you noticed that your custom user styles have missing sampled sounds, you will need to go into the Sound edit menu, select your USERDK sound from the bank then go the drumkit menu. From there, you will have to make sure the "Assign" checkbox at the top is selected for every single note in that drumkit.

This is pretty annoying as you're stuck going through many USER DKs and re-assinging a whole ton of sampled sounds. It seems this issue first became evident after the first OS update. However, even with the most recent OS update, the problem still persists.

Anyways, that's the workaround if anyone experienced similar problems with their old user styles having missing samples.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: