Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logical replacement for MicroArranger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:36 pm    Post subject: Logical replacement for MicroArranger Reply with quote

I had been trying to get a MicroArranger, and always just been too late. "Oh no, we just sold the last one in stock, but can we interest you in a PA5X/Genos/other ridiculous non-option?" I've heard this a lot.

Why I wanted a MicroArranger: modest size, capable of handling new style creation on-board, capable of driving external synths, capable of structuring songs as sets of chords that can be slapped together very quickly, modest price.

Is there any real equivalent in the market today? The EK series doesn't seem to have the onboard style creation option, nor does the i3 (yeah, yeah, software blahblahblah tell it to the marines), the humble PA300 seems to be unobtainium, and even if it were costs a grand.

Am I missing some secret sauce in the EK series, or does the i3 have it, just hidden? Or should I be looking at a NDLR or something else entirely?
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that it will be a NDLR, because the MicroArranger has vanished into a big void of mystery, hunted by large, unsympathetic men with vaguely unidentifiable accents who wield baseball bats and leather straps. Casio seem to have dropped their roughly comparable lines, much to my dismay, and so the NDLR stands alone and proud on a cliff, the wild winds tugging at its coat.

Seriously, in terms of sequencing a backdrop which stays in key across complex changes, with adaptable textures and structures, on the fly? The field is narrow, expensive and frustrating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: