Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Load PCG Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UCG Musician

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:16 pm    Post subject: Load PCG Question Reply with quote

I want to restore Kronos 88 factory settings and when I am in an early step of the process I get an on-screen message that says "The order of the Factory Programs is different between the KRONOS/KRONOS X and the New KRONOS".

I do not know whether to select "Yes" or "No" when it asks if I want to "Remap references to Factory Programs to use the new order?" How would this affect my many, many MIDI sequences? The way the banks are currently loaded, the patches are not where they "should be" for some of my sequences and I need to go back to basics and set the factory sounds to where they were originally. (After that I'd reload purchased libraries.)
rei0429

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choose “No” seems to better on your situation.
That message aimed to show when KRONOS2 loads PCG saved by or sold for KRONOS/X.
However, it appears on “OS updated” KRONOS/X.
(KRONOS/X misunderstands itself KRONOS2, bad behavior)

Remap mainly relates drum/percussion sounds of DRUM TRACK of program.
if you choose Yes and play drum track, it may sounds non-drum sounds on rhythm section.
UCG Musician

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:46 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you for the response. Selecting "no" restored patches to where they were supposed to be for factory settings.

Now I'm struggling with loading Karo EXs 51. I loaded Karo EXs 50 into the bank it "wants" (User-AA) and that's OK but can't figure out how to load EXs 51 into the bank I want (User-FF). Do you (or does someone else viewing this post) know the exact sequence of steps for loading a PCG into a different bank than what's normal for that set of libraries?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: