Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need some help tuning a program in the Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazerunner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:12 pm    Post subject: need some help tuning a program in the Kronos Reply with quote

I have my Prophet Rev 2. Great Synth that easily gets me in trouble when I play with the Oscillator Frequencies.

Made a cool sound patch for the Rev 2. It's tuned to G#0

Threw together a nifty song with it in the Kronos. Everything is going swell but I want to add in an E-bass.

Needless to say playing the keys as is sounds out of wack.
I'm wondering how I can tune the E-Bass program to G# like the sound patch on my Rev 2.

On my Rev 2 I can tune the Oscillator to G# and make different sounds and they'll all be in key even a bass if I wanted to be able to do the same thing.

Is there a way to tune the something like an E-bass or guitar to G# like on a rev 2? So that the entire keybed will be in key with the Rev 2?
KingKronos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your electric bass is an HD1 program:
Octave and Transpose settings are on the Osc Basic page.

If your bass is an Exi, Transpose is on Program Basic page.
Transpose here goes to +/- 60 semitones, which is 5 octaves.

If you have it in a Combi:
Timbre/Pitch is where you can set its tuning.

If it's in a Set List slot, go to Edit tab on the bottom.
Transpose is then on the upper right.
Xenophile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just need to rebase it by one and a half portamentos.
blazerunner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses.

I did something with global to test out the transpose feature.

Then I went back to the standard setup and started playing the G# range.

At the end of the day it's just hard to tune stuff to match the Rev 2.

I ended up just making a bass with the Rev 2's parameters set to the same Oscillator Frequencies.

It's just hard to match sounds to what the Rev 2 pulls off sometimes. In my search for a solution I've seen some others run into that very same problem I thought it was funny.

I did try to fool around making a bass on my moog but Dave Smith's gear is way more precise and accurate. Moog's tend to do what they want to do even when you try to tame them.

At least for what I was doing when you have a patch that has a lot of fluidity to it sounds off when you match it to something that is either to precise or too sloppy. I feel like the Princess and the Pea or maybe the 3 bears. Just trying to find the one sound that's just right.

The interesting thing about the DSI/Sequential gear is that you can sound design it to make it sound like other gear. So I ended up creating a funky Fender like bass on there.

The real problem though is the Kronos for me sometimes. When I want to sound design on the Kronos I'm trying to match my sound to what I'm working on in it's sequencer but you can't live edit sounds while working in the sequencer. It's either or on that keyboard. My work flow when I make custom sounds I match them to the song as I'm playing and tweak them as I go along. Doing everything in house on the Kronos doesn't let me do that so I end up using the stock sounds and burning through the IFX slots to make them sound "unique".

I hope they allow that in the future however distant or near where you can sound design the sounds your using in the sequencer. That would open a whole new power level for this keyboard.

There was something I did once that let me set the ADSR to the Knobs or faders once that allowed me to play with those parameters atleast during a sequence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: