Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAMM 2024 any of you optimistic about a new Kronos Flagship?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazerunner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: "Grandstage X" ok, now... shhhhhhh... Reply with quote

average_male wrote:
OK folks, with the announcement of the Krog Grandstage X, seems we can now retire all the pipedreams and 'what-ifs' talking points? Or are we now going to see topics for NAMM 2025 hoping for a new Kronos 3? Who am I to kill people's dreams, have at it.

Well... Korg made a Micro Korg 2 after...jeez I remember buying the original when it just came out like 20 years ago.

and they released a new King Korg... never thought I'd ever see that one coming. That vanished quietly like 5-6 years ago.

So who knows...what Korg is thinking or planning but why would we discontinue future workstation discussions because Korg released a new version of their digital Piano series???

I know you're tired of speculative threads about the Kronos future but why not just skip over them and click on a topic that you'd like to discuss?
Question

What you're forgetting and I don't want to make this about you so I'll say what people are forgetting is the "Why".

Why are we anxious to see a new workstation. The top sticky thread says it all. It's filled with things we'd like to had seen on the Kronos that unfortunately will never be. I myself use my Kronos pretty much everyday and there's so many things that I find could of just been fixed or added in an update. You add years of music tech moving forward and the Kronos's age really start to show.

All that crap Korg released this Namm I swear could have just been done by adding Plug In/Synth engine versions of them on the Kronos. There was so much more room for the Kronos to grow but it just ended abruptly. I've made the argument for years on here how out of touch Korg is with it's Workstation base because nothing we have ever recommended ever gets acknowledge. Otherwise the Nautilus wouldn't be what it was.

I don't think it's wrong to look forward every Namm hoping Korg will release a new powerful workstation brought up to modern standards with all the bells and whistles. As long as I prefer workstations over a computer I'm ALWAYS going to be waiting for the next version of the Kronos and like I always do with Korg Workstations I'm going to buy it.

My Kronos is an essential part of my work flow. Like a lot of good folks here. We're years adapted into using this instrument. We've invested time learning it and how to use it's features. Sometimes it truly takes years for a user base to conquer a product and genuinely find features they'd like to see added or improved. The Kronos is absolutely that keyboard.

I've remember the Days of the Trinity and how aggressive Korg was in dumping the latest and greatest into their workstation. Always moving forward with features no one had. Years ahead of everyone else and then they created the Kronos and seemed to have....I dunno...just abandoned what they're known best for. It's like if Fender just stopped making Stratocasters overnight without saying a word about it... it's weird.

Updates would have kept the Kronos relevant. I look at the global parameters where it has the options to receive updates and I can't help but think "what a waste".

Anyway I'm just really in my head over Namm 2024 and what Korg's offerings have been. Some cool and unexpected releases but no Workstation News as of yet.

I
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the fugly Grandstage X and the video below confirm what they are working on. As it is mentioned : "...for people who primarily use computers... to people with a dedicated keyboard controller they like...".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRIf3OBSHgA
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at that video, it seems that the Korg company is 25 years late and has remained in the heroic boom boom stages of Techno music !!!

Hello Korg ! we are in 2024 ... ... 2024 !!!

Wake up !!! wake up !!!! Idea

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just look at all the new keyboard products Korg is showing at NAMM 2024. No Kronos 2 replacement. ‘Nuff said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: