Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OPEN LETTER TO KORG TEAM
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:13 am    Post subject: OPEN LETTER TO KORG TEAM Reply with quote

KORG representative!!!

Could you please just give us an answer please.

Many necessary tools that are currently missing on the best keyboard that you presented to us keyboard players almost 2 years ago.
But as we all know, things have not been fair to us who bought this product which is still not ready.

With respect to those of you who have the ultimate responsibility, you can just tell us where we are at the moment, that's the least you can do.
What is happening, why are you losing this good contact with all your loyal customers and your fans.
It's really a shame that you don't even just let us know if there will be updates that we've all been waiting for for a long time.
What is the reason?
Why this silence?
We are having issues with things that we have been promised would be fixed from day one when we bought this instrument!
Why can't you just write a date, or give us some information about how you intend to do it?
We are all aware of things that have befallen you, and that is ok, we respect this, but to just disappear and not even take responsibility as a company we have been loyal to for so many years.

Ignoring is NOT THE SOLUTION!!!

I love the very idea, the instrument, and the fine sound from the PA5X.
But not even being able to have the things like style editor import export midi Quick record and more the cheapest of your Keyboards KORG Pa 700 have, is not something you can just ignore.

You promised several times on your website, different dates, which have already PASSED, which you repeatedly changed, but also finally removed completely from your official site.

Now what does all this mean?
Could you please just give us an answer.
We email, but hardly get any honest answers, we try to contact you regarding this, but NO ONE seems to know anything.

Some of us bought this keyboard as a work tool, Like me, and like many of my colleagues.
We should get an answer regardless of how you intend to resolve this.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:26 am    Post subject: You don't need it korg says Reply with quote

It's not korg of old times it's new,it is now tik tok keyboard.
They know what you need and they know what the best for you.

It's now just a home entertainment tik tok keyboard, soon you will give in soon, just wait ..

You need to do your homework.

Just wait a few years for the PA 6 or step into the future you can get a Pa4x..
It has everything that's missing on the PA 5x.

As you said style editor import export midi Quick record and more the cheapest of your Keyboards KORG Pa 700 have.

Korg know what you need and all of the good functions you do not need or they would have put them in there

So who would buy a PA 5X knowing that all these functions are missing .
Again be the first to have the newest and the shiniest keyboard but doesn't work.
it looks like a yamaha genos2.. But a step down.

So did korg go wrong or are we asking too much.
How dare us ask for all those old functions that we come to love shame on us.

Whose fault is this yours or korg..

Just my opinion
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm - fully empathise Asena....
....problem is that Korg team in Italy are under strict instructions to NOT communicate with these forums and with PA(2345)X owners - those days are long gone Crying or Very sad .
My guess is that they might read posts but you will never get a reply from any request in these forums.
We keep the bug reporting going just in case they might read them.....

I was informed about this officially a fair while ago and this is all since the new management.

It is sick and sad for sure..... (and NOT the fault of the team in Italy)

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bescki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: OPEN LETTER TO KORG TEAM Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
KORG representative!!!

Could you please just give us an answer please.

Many necessary tools that are currently missing on the best keyboard that you presented to us keyboard players almost 2 years ago.
But as we all know, things have not been fair to us who bought this product which is still not ready.

With respect to those of you who have the ultimate responsibility, you can just tell us where we are at the moment, that's the least you can do.
What is happening, why are you losing this good contact with all your loyal customers and your fans.
It's really a shame that you don't even just let us know if there will be updates that we've all been waiting for for a long time.
What is the reason?
Why this silence?
We are having issues with things that we have been promised would be fixed from day one when we bought this instrument!
Why can't you just write a date, or give us some information about how you intend to do it?
We are all aware of things that have befallen you, and that is ok, we respect this, but to just disappear and not even take responsibility as a company we have been loyal to for so many years.

Ignoring is NOT THE SOLUTION!!!

I love the very idea, the instrument, and the fine sound from the PA5X.
But not even being able to have the things like style editor import export midi Quick record and more the cheapest of your Keyboards KORG Pa 700 have, is not something you can just ignore.

You promised several times on your website, different dates, which have already PASSED, which you repeatedly changed, but also finally removed completely from your official site.

Now what does all this mean?
Could you please just give us an answer.
We email, but hardly get any honest answers, we try to contact you regarding this, but NO ONE seems to know anything.

Some of us bought this keyboard as a work tool, Like me, and like many of my colleagues.
We should get an answer regardless of how you intend to resolve this.

I sold my pa4x for 2000 USD, bought pa5x for 4500€ on 2022. We are in 2024, and still it has half of pa4x functions. I know that someday it will be better, but I lost a lot of money by waiting. Maybe more than 50k USD.

We buy keyboard to work with it, not playing for fun like a Sony Playstation. We dont have time to be KORG testers for free, KORG even dont apologize or say thank you.

Few days ago I posted on facebook that I am selling my Pa5x. KORG. This is not fair. All we will have a good pa5x one day, but I will always hate KORG team.
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
sch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is high time for the Korg Company Management in Inagi to take a step out of the comfortzone of "Ignoring Silence" before this is damaging the good reputation of the company and all it's products...
I see 3 ways of desaster management right now:
1) Korg Management informs us NOW when the promised Updates can be expected, and here we expect the total functionality of the Pa4x as a minimum.
2) In the case, that the functionality of the Pa4x can not be integrated in the Pa5x, we get an "italian" update with more Soundslots and increased stability of the system PLUS external Software as compensation (Pa-manager, full sequenzer, Yamaha Style to KST-converter)
3)In the case, that Korg don't want to spend more time on the Pa5x, we get 50% of our payment back and accept, that the Pa5x won't be any better than now....
Just ignoring the faithfull customers will ruin the company reputation and I fluence really negativly on all other products in the Korg range...
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only think Korg must still be moving far too many PA5X boxes to care what the community around here and on other social media sites are saying...

The reason for this I suspect might be due to enhanced new sales Korg might possibly be having after the release Genos2, which for Yamaha has clearly not been repeated with the same impact as seen with Montage-M over the first Generation Montage...

Trying to convey any message to Korg now, I would consider futile, including any further aspirations and expectations for PA5X to be almost non-existent based on what we have seen to date coming from Korg...

Of course, I remain to be surprised in the future, but as things stand now, I feel the voices of PA5X owners will continue be lost in the wind as they have been so far.
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are serious about getting Korg's attention, then I suggest someone with deep pockets or who is an attorney file a Class Action Lawsuit against Korg for breach of contract selling a performance keyboard which is not ready for on stage performance.

Legal notices ALWAYS get attention.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the PA5x does not work as advertised and per its documentation - not just a silly little bug, but serious failing and missing functionality.
This is a trades description violation - just return it for a refund!!!
This whole issue is pretty disgusting and unacceptable.

So you may ask - why am I whinging and whining??? Well it's because I wanted one - I am just a little lucky that I didn't dive straight in like I did with my PA4x.
I feel very concerned and disappointed for all those suffering this expensive half-working instrument from a company that seemingly doesn't care.

So hope this all gets addressed very soon. Class action??? Maybe that might help but that costs huge money with no guarantees.
With all this going on, Yamaha didn't have to worry much about the Genos2 - just another Tyros again but they must be relieved by Korg's arranger debacle and mess.

Wish I could help....

Pete Very Happy
usaraiya

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete,

If Korg Italy cannot come forward, who is the puppet master pulling the strings?

Smile
Uday
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Uday

I was told Korg management changed significantly and a younger inexperienced management team were in place - Italy now reported to the new management.
Korg Italy lost control of release and communication and were instructed to NOT communicate with us any more.

As I said above, I was told this directly but it was a while ago now.
I guess that the new management decided to push out the PA5x way too soon.
I also wonder (I don't know) if the Italy team has lost some of its members (maybe COVID etc...) - I just don't understand why Korg cannot be upfront and professional and communicate.
Have Korg perhaps run out of "arranger" development team resources? They are certainly churning out lots of other new products and other updates Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
Any news/communication would be welcomed - just knowing what is going on and planned. To me (purely my assumption), it smells of a disaster in that it may never get properly fixed or maybe not for a long time and Korg just don't want anyone to know.

I had a great relationship with Italian team however they don't communicate with me any more....and it is due to their new management's strict rules....

Pete Very Happy
usaraiya

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, who do you think is in charge here?

Any comments from Korg Japan?

Korg UK seems to be the most "friendly" with new sets and sounds coming from them, as well as seminars, etc., but they have not commented on the development program. Strange!

Smile
Uday
Dan MMXVDB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased the PA5X just before Christmas, disappointed would be a little understated.
Just a thought, if anyone has a Youtube influencer contact who gives keyboards a run through to their thousands of channel subscribers, if they've already had a look or intend to have a look at the PA5X, it might be worth pointing them in the direction of this forum to read what users have been stating, maybe they'll be willing to pass on user feedback and experience with the Korg PA5X?
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
So, the PA5x does not work as advertised and per its documentation - not just a silly little bug, but serious failing and missing functionality.
This is a trades description violation - just return it for a refund!!!
This whole issue is pretty disgusting and unacceptable.

So you may ask - why am I whinging and whining??? Well it's because I wanted one - I am just a little lucky that I didn't dive straight in like I did with my PA4x.
I feel very concerned and disappointed for all those suffering this expensive half-working instrument from a company that seemingly doesn't care.

So hope this all gets addressed very soon. Class action??? Maybe that might help but that costs huge money with no guarantees.
With all this going on, Yamaha didn't have to worry much about the Genos2 - just another Tyros again but they must be relieved by Korg's arranger debacle and mess.

Wish I could help....

Pete Very Happy

I was also VERY apprehensive about getting the Pa5x and looked at other keyboards like the Genos 2 and the Event; The Pa5x in my opinion, is better than those keyboards and I do not regret my decision one bit. Yes I would love some of the Pa4x features and some critical fixes, but overall, I'm extremely happy with the 5x.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usaraiya wrote:
So, who do you think is in charge here?

Any comments from Korg Japan?

Korg UK seems to be the most "friendly" with new sets and sounds coming from them, as well as seminars, etc., but they have not commented on the development program. Strange!

Smile
Uday

To repeat myself from a previous post from another thread this might hazard a calculated guess to your above comment...

Quoting myself >
My experience so far gives me reason to conclude that Korg employees generally across the globe have been instructed to ovoid any in-depth conversation over the well-known embarrassing start from Korgs PA5X introduction, including the slow progress coming from the PA5X development team, seen so far...

I think Korg employees have been encouraged to only talk in the language of "Damage limitation Overtones" when approached or worse, just plain ignore any difficult questions, something i hear repeatedly from others world wide in the industry and customer based...

This would seem to be the best Korg can do in way of any public relations while we Assume (Assumption is the mother of all f#*@ ups) they scrabble behind the scenes to figure out how they are going to recover from the bad press they themselves have managed to create internationally so far...
Basspig

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, I am pretty happy with the Pa5X. It solves some issues I was having with my KRONOS with regard to being driven by an external editor/sequencer, but adds new issues in that there's no way to keep instrument definition files up to date as I add sound libraries to the Pa5X. KRONOS has a conversion utility, PCG2INS that works a treat, but Pa5X has nothing yet. Maybe some fo the talented programmers on this forum want to take a stab at making one?
That's really MY #1 issue that holds me back as I rely heavily on recording to DAW and editing my work as multi track project.

The rest of the matters are small. I think Korg should make the Record screen a little popup window and not take over the whole screen. It would be nice to see the chord screen or the sheet music screen while I'm recording.

Tech support has been slow and rather opaque. It would be rather nice to have some better support for a keyboard that costs over five grand.

That's my two cents. Overall, it's a great instrument, and I hope it will continue to improve with software updates and the development of sound libraries and utilities like the earlier Korg keyboards have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: