Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca FM2 problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimF

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:36 am    Post subject: Volca FM2 problem Reply with quote

I have a new FM2 which started to show an error signal (i don't recall what this was unfortunately). I upgraded to the new firmware. I was running the FM2 from a novation SLmkiii. Now I have the odd situation that I can start the preset patterns in the FM2 from the SLMkii - in other words it is receiving some midi signals - but it does not respond to midi keys. All cables and connectors have been double checked and are working. The FM2 does not work with the Keystep pro either. I'm guessing this is some kind of clock/sync problem but can find any potential solutions in the forums or on the web. Any ideas folks?

UPDATE
After watching some youtube vids I decided this was something to do with mode messages because the FM2 was receiving on all channels. But I couldn't find a way to check this. I had already reset the device to factory but this didn't fix it. Later I went through the factory settings individually and reset them individually. Now it is working again. I'm not sure what the problem was but I'm glad it's fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: