Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting up the PA5X 'Organ style'. Lower kbd & pedals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:09 pm    Post subject: Setting up the PA5X 'Organ style'. Lower kbd & pedals Reply with quote

Hi,
I just thought I would put this out to you guys regarding setting up the PA5X 'Organ style' with lower keyboard and pedals. Being an oldie who started out on organ, old habits die hard.

Could anybody help regarding midi settings for the PA5X as I would like to try and recreate this.

Yamaha have had great success with one of their Dealers (Musicland) here in the U.K. who created the TRX system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm1S59hz43c

Korg Dealer 'Keysounds' made a similar sytem for Korg arrangers called the 'Ultimax'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SGh6NiAK-Y

Korg's top U.K. Demonstrator Pete Shaw uses a similar organ style set up for his Shows, using a PA5X, Korg Nautilus 88 as the lower keyboard and Roland PK5 bass pedals.

Chris

p.s. one of the joys of this system is that you can change any part of your set up for a different (upgraded) model.
Basspig

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching this thread. I have a Roland PK25 pedalboard, currently using with my KRONOS. May try to use it with the Pa5X so I'm curious as to how this discussion evolves.
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Basspig, that's a rather nice (and expensive) set of pedals you have. I own two sets (Roland PK5, 13 note and Hammond XPK200, 20 note). I used them on my PA4X and had midi settings for them. As far as I know, nobody has made the midi settings available for the PA5X (although it should not be too difficult).
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: