Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I save custom samples w/their prog/combi to a USB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:27 am    Post subject: How do I save custom samples w/their prog/combi to a USB Reply with quote

Going on the road; using backline rental Kronos.

QUESTION: How do I get my custom samples onto my usb with my programs and combis so they will find each other and line up when I load them onto the rental Kronos?

I know how to SAVE ALL, but that does NOT save the samples that belong with the combis. Do I have to go into my kronos and find each sample and load each one onto the usb individually? And what are the assurances that the samples on the usb will find the combi they belong to?

Why has this process become rocket science?

Thanks for any help, it is much appreciated.

RW
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello RMW,

You must add into the directory of each of your "save all" a copy of the samples (wav files) needed to each of your "save all"

FOR EXEMPLE :
if one of your music is called "MY TUNE"
you must add the audio wav files in the wav format (sometimes the 2 stereo channels of each of these WAV files) into the "SAVE ALL" of your "MY TUNE"

Normally when you will load your tune it will load the needed AUDIO SAMPLES.

I make it everytime and : IT WORKS !

☀️♫

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before doing anything, don't forget to do a complete backup of your Kronos.

If you are referring to multisamples, load all the ones you need in sample mode, then go in disk mode and use the save sampling data command. I recommend saving all samples in one block. Multiple saves of separate multisamples can sometimes create mixed up IDs if there is confusing data for file names and such and you end up with programs referencing the wrong samples, etc.

Try this first in one directory on your Kronos. This way you can verify everything works OK. Then save the same on a USB key. Don't forget to back up the other Kronos contents as well. Then transfer the USB sample stuff on the other Kronos SSD, then your PCG file of the combis, progs, etc. Also double check wavesequences if you use any.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: