Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Set with Pa4x-Factory-VoicePresets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 9:44 pm    Post subject: Set with Pa4x-Factory-VoicePresets Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm looking for a set with the factory voice presets of the Korg Pa4x (Bank01.VOC) and would like to send it to me. I would like to thank you in advance for the effort involved.

Such a set is relatively easy to produce for Pa4x users:
- Cancel the write protection “Protect Factory” in the globals
- SAVE, ALL, OPEN, select VOICEPRESET, OPEN, select "Bank01.VOC"
- Save the set to a data medium with any name using SAVE TO ..
- Set write protection "Protect Factory" again (also happens automatically with the next start).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 12:02 am    Post subject: Bank01.VOC Reply with quote

Just wondering what are you trying to do with this file.
What I know is that this file would only work in PA 4X.
I have a PA 1000 will not load in the PA 4setting .. will not load in voice settings..
And the PA 4X voice settings will not load into a PA1000 they're different.

Even when I've looked at the PA 4X voice settings to try to just copy them over to the PA 1000 the parameters were not there.
The PA 4X had reverb and it was called Broadway reverb there is nothing like that inside of a PA 1000.
Yes you can use another reverb in the PA 1000 that comes close to what the Broadway reverb was but they don't match up still.
Voice doubling in the PA 4 is totally different and the PA 1000.
In the PA 4 you could play harmony and push the doubling and you would get four part harmony with doubling working.
And the PA 1000 if you use harmony you cannot use doubling it won't let you I don't like that..

So tell me more what are you looking at or trying to do just wondering
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Bank01.VOC Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
.... this file would only work in PA 4X..

I already know that the VoicePresets from the Pa4x cannot be loaded into the Pa1000. It is also known that the four effect blocks of the Pa4x (Filter, HardTune, uMod and Delay) do not correspond to the eight effect blocks of the Pa1000.

However, the editing parameters for the Harmony and Double Voices are largely the same and can therefore serve as an idea and template for user VPs of the Pa1000 with usage of essential parameters of the Pa4x's numerous presets.

PS: I'm not looking any further for factory VPs for the Pa4x because I just received them - thanks for your interest

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 11:13 pm    Post subject: Bank01.VOC Reply with quote

I'm glad you got the PA 4 presets for the voice how was just getting ready to zip them up and mail them off to you.
But after you're done experimenting if you come up with a couple for the PA 1000 let us all know how it worked out.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Bank01.VOC Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
... after you're done experimenting if you come up with a couple for the PA 1000 let us all know how it worked out.

Hello duby2,
experimenting ends before beginning.

A data comparison of the VH presets from Pa4x and Pa1000 shows that Harmony and Double of both models work with the same number of effect types and Harmony/Double sets.

However, since all VH parameters can be edited directly by the user, reading out the parameter values makes no sense at all. It also is not possible to use Harmony and Double at the same time and only its own FX effects can be used of the Pa1000's. So to copy the presets parameter of Pa4x is no benefit - not only because of the missing fourth harmony part.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: