Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issue in loading KSC file after using Sample Robot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter1960

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:56 am    Post subject: Issue in loading KSC file after using Sample Robot Reply with quote

I would be grateful if someone could help me resolve an issue I am experiencing when loading samples into the Kronos created using “Sample Robot”.

For anyone that hasn’t used it, this is a great tool. I have sampled around 200 patches from various soft synths that I own, loaded them into the Kronos and created new programs. It has worked fine – up until now.

Today I tried to sample a program from the Arturia Prophet V3 called “Pad Ho”. I used the process that I have always used – essentially, sampling various layers of the soft synth, saving the samples and creating a “KSC” file, which are then transferred to the hard drive on the Kronos using a program called “Filezilla”.

The samples are then saved to the hard drive and the resulting KSC file is loaded from the Global section, using “Add KSC”. This is when the problem occurs.

All the previous KSC’s that have been added following previous sampling sessions take up around 6.2M of RAM; however, my latest attempt at loading the “Pad Ho” KSC shows that it takes up 1.9G of RAM. As a result, there is no RAM left to carry out an Autoload of the KSC’s, which is what I have done in the past to load the other KSC’s created.

I have added below a link to a screenshot of the KSC Auto-load page (Apologies - I cannot work out how to add the actual image to this page !).

https://i.gyazo.com/15cea14f35baf7c6c1d475abc54414ae.jpg

You will note the Pad Ho KSC takes up 1.9G whilst the others each take up 6.2M, or lower. I do not know why this is happening.

The “Pad Ho_UserBank KSC” saved on the hard drive has a size of only 1.2M; however, when loading it, it takes up substantially more space, as noted above.

I tried to create a different KSC using Sample Robot (again using the Prophet V3) – when I tried to load this, it also took up 1.9G of RAM.

If anyone could explain what I am doing wrong (or doing differently to what I have done in the past), so that new KSC’s can be loaded without maxing out RAM, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

[/img][/url]
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should have been created a Pad Ho_userbank.ksc. That version streams off the SSD rather than loading the entire sample into RAM.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
Peter1960

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, a “Pad Ho_UserBank KSC” WAS created, as noted in my original post. This is what I tried to load, which ended up with this KSC taking up a huge amount of RAM, and much more than the other KSC's already loaded.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,

Maybe when you initially saved your faulty KSC there was already other samples in it. Make sure your KSC doesn't point to other things you don't want. You can easily see that in sampling mode after loading it by itself. If needed, delete the multisamples that should not be there and save your KSC again.

Last edited by KK on Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter1960 wrote:
Actually, a “Pad Ho_UserBank KSC” WAS created, as noted in my original post. This is what I tried to load, which ended up with this KSC taking up a huge amount of RAM, and much more than the other KSC's already loaded.

Could you send me the file to analyse ?
Please add the Folder, KSC file and User_Bank file in a zip and send via WeTransfer or other on contact@danstesco.ro.
I suspect a bug.
Peter1960

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies.

Dan - just as a test, I sampled another soft synth (a completely different one to the one used before) which was Sampletank. I tried to load the User_Bank KSC file as before and this also used up a lot of space (around 1.8G).

I will send the folder for this soft synth (the patch is called "Mono Poly") together with the folder for "Pad Ho".

Peter
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,
I just sent the files back. I load it in Kronos RAM, and save again.
The file working ok now. Is only 6.2M Ram and 54M on disk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: