Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to handle System vs Sub-System update?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
korgdan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:48 pm    Post subject: How to handle System vs Sub-System update? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I have a Kronos 2 LS currently at 3.1.2 version and I want to update it to System 3.1.4. The instructions for the System update are clear, but there is also a Sub-System update on the Korg Download pages, and I don't know how to handle both updates together.

In fact, what is the difference between the two updates? And how should I proceed for both of them?

Thanks in advance!
Dan
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

The so-called "sub-system" is a firmware update. Start with this one and then proceed with the 3.1.4 update. Instructions come with both updates and are easy to follow.
korgdan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help KK!
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome, do not hesitate if you encounter any problem. All should go easy and smooth.
korgdan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
You are welcome, do not hesitate if you encounter any problem. All should go easy and smooth.

Maybe just one thing before I proceed with both updates. Since I am not sure what the previous owner did, I am thinking of reloading the original programs and combis, just to make sure they were not modified.

There is one program that seems strange to me. It is the Styx Babe program. There is a split with a tremolo Rhodes on the lower part and a synth on the upper. The split point is too low to allow to play the intro on the Rhodes. And the synth volume is too high.

Was the original Babe program this way? Or was it modified (badly) by the previous owner?

And is the 3.1.4 update changing the programs and combis?

Thanks again!
Daniel
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

The program you mention is not in the factory list, so either custom made or from an additional library.

The OS and firmware can be done before or after the programs/combis restore, it doesn't matter. To restore the original programs/combis, simply load the factory PCG file that comes with the Kronos 2 (not the older one for earlier models). If you edited programs and combis, make sure to do a complete backup before loading the factory PCG so you don't lose your stuff.
korgdan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Hello,

The program you mention is not in the factory list, so either custom made or from an additional library.

The OS and firmware can be done before or after the programs/combis restore, it doesn't matter. To restore the original programs/combis, simply load the factory PCG file that comes with the Kronos 2 (not the older one for earlier models). If you edited programs and combis, make sure to do a complete backup before loading the factory PCG so you don't lose your stuff.

Thank you again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: