Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is there a sample loop crossfade setting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottytown

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 3:07 am    Post subject: is there a sample loop crossfade setting? Reply with quote

Hi! I don't actually own the Korg Wavestate, but after learning that you can now load your own samples..... this seems like it could be one of the most incredible and unique samplers... and with fantastic polyphony. So I am SUPER INTERESTED in getting one, but..... I have a question. Is there a crossfade setting for the sample looping? I feel like this would be a natural thing to have but inb the videos I've watched and the manual I perused I saw nothing.

I think one work around would be to sequence the same sample over and over and use the sequence xfade, but this would cause loops to get wacky if I played a pitched down note... the "loop length" would be tied to the sequence times not the sample itself....

Hope that makes sense....
Thank you for any insights or wisdom
Scott
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crossfading is one of the settings available in the Timing lane, which controls the duration and crossfade of each step in a wavesequence.

The Wavestate Owner's Manual, and other documents/files can be downloaded from here: (see page 25 of the Owner's Manual regarding crossfade)

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/919/

scottytown

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply... I am aware of the crossfade as you mention it. I have been through the whole manual, but the manual doesn't really cover the sample stuff much since that was an added feature and as I understand it, settings for custom samples are in the sample builder or editor/librarian, which I can't find manuals for. My proposed workaround was using the crossfade you mentioned I just called it sequence xfade rather than Timing lane crossfade.

Do you know of any manuals for the editor or sample builder? I didn't see it on the support page. I guess I can install them and try to see what I can find out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: