Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Considering a Oasys
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shefu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Considering a Oasys Reply with quote

I didn't really have any plans buying an Oasys. I am considering the M3-M, but that's about it, since I am going to get the Pa3x.

However, a local listing in my area has an Oasys listed for $1,200 the 88key with all the expansions. What would you guys suggest?
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$1,200 seems cheap, even at today's prices. Should be at least double that even in $ prices.

As far as whether an OASYS is a good thing, be under no doubt it is fantastic! Built like a tank and 7/9ths of a Kronos.

Combined with the JP-80 it is spectacular. Seriously - I know, because that is what I use every day.

The O is light years ahead of the M3, sorry. Yes, the M3 has a better sequencer. But as far as everything and anything else goes, the OASYS is in a different league - because it was designed to be.

So you need to check if this deal is genuine. Ask the seller to view it; play it. Ask about cash only deal on pick up. Even ask if it is the fully maxed OASYS of 16Gb RAM (of course, trick question - it's only 2Gb, but if he says yes it has 16Gb expansion, then you know to keep your money).
shefu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the listing he says it has: EXs1, EXs2, STR-1 and 1GB Ram, Version 1.3.1
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it doesn't have all the expansions then.

If it had all expansions it would also have EXs3, MOD-7 and LAC-1.

And the extra 1Gb RAM (2Gb in total).

Also the last released OS was v1.3.3a - although in fairness it's not massively different to v1.3.1

Assuming it's genuine, then it is a steal. So it's worth checking out - but be careful. Just sayin'
shefu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, thanks a lot for your suggestions Cello!
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree with Cello, that price seems WAY low but hey some people might be desperate these days.
If its legit, jump on it! The Oasys is beast and if you can get it for a similar price as the M3, do it.
shefu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy never wrote me back, oh well. It did seem too good to be true.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen that listed for months. I've emailed him a few times on it, nothing. It has to be a scam. I'd have picked it up at that price without hesitation months ago. Hell, I sold my M3-M for $1100 last month.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
shefu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that you selling the M3-M a while ago? Smile I was looking at it!! But it was gone quick!
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$1200 for an 88 Oasys in nice condition, with the lions share of the upgrades would be a steal. Sorry it didn't happen, that is quite a tease. Smile
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shefu wrote:
Was that you selling the M3-M a while ago? Smile I was looking at it!! But it was gone quick!

Yah. Smile I actually listed my M3-73 and just the M3-module figuring I'd sell whatever sold first. So now I have the M3's 73 key keybed attached to my RADIAS. I have a few more KORG things to throw up there, just have been lazy with the holidays.

I keep an eye on all KORG items on CL. If the price is right, I'll buy them. Sometimes I keep them, sometimes I flip them. I've seen a few OASYS deals on there that were "too good to be true" and I've contacted every one of them. The one before was $1600. A few resulted in the guy saying he was in a different country *WITH* the OASYS but if I sent him the money, he'd send me the OASYS. *UGH* To put some perspective on local OASYS prices, a friend in IL just sold his O76 with all upgrades (he bought them all before they went free) for $3000. And if you are going to spend $3000 on a used OASYS, it's time to seriously considering a new KRONOS.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am selling both my Oasys -76key and my M3 61key.
PM me if your interested.
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Considering a Oasys Reply with quote

shefu wrote:
I didn't really have any plans buying an Oasys. I am considering the M3-M, but that's about it, since I am going to get the Pa3x.

However, a local listing in my area has an Oasys listed for $1,200 the 88key with all the expansions. What would you guys suggest?

Interesting. There was a similar listing on kijiji in the Toronto area - two OASYS 88s with all expansions, $1200 each. No response from the "seller". Have you contacted the seller in your area?
Current Korg apparatus: MicroStation, MicroKorg, MicroSampler, WaveDrum, Trinity V3, M1REX, Wavestation SR, X5DR, Original Legacy Collection w/ MS-20 controller, iMS-20, DS-10 Plus x2, ELECTRIBE Rhythm Mk ll, iELECTRIBE, Kaossilator, padKONTROL, MicroKONTROL, NanoKey, NanoKontrol, Stage Echo SE-300
CrazyFoo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would bet my last buck that those 1200 dollar ads are a scam.
I've seen them before, the seller will email you telling you how he is in London doing work for the Red Cross and for you to send the money to a third party, blah blah blah - these Nigerians have too much time on their hands.

There's no free lunch and no $1200 Oasys.
Jupiter 80
Moog Voyager Select Series: Solar Edition
Roland SH-5
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't blame somebody for hoping. I'm looking for the $1200 Jupiter 80.
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: