Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T1 Emulation in Korg Legacy, Digital
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chorg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz

I think I for one would find a header-stripping feature (as mentioned in your last posting) useful. I wonder if you'd mind me sending you some old example Atari files containing M1 & T1 dumps, to show what they're like?

Clive
chorg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Referring back to my original posting at the start of this topic, can anyone throw any light on whether my wish-list item (4) is already met?

More difficult, what's the prognosis for item (3) - importing other PCM data (from T1 diskettes) - bearing in mind that there's already PC software that will read the diskettes?
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chorg wrote:
Referring back to my original posting at the start of this topic, can anyone throw any light on whether my wish-list item (4) is already met?

More difficult, what's the prognosis for item (3) - importing other PCM data (from T1 diskettes) - bearing in mind that there's already PC software that will read the diskettes?

If I follow you correctly, you're asking whether Sys. Ex. recorded from the original keyboard will playback on the softsynth, making all the same changes. If so, no, it will not do that.

As for other disk support, we could consider things for the future, but no promises. What other sounds are you looking to have supported?

Regards,

Jerry
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chorg wrote:
Daz
I wonder if you'd mind me sending you some old example Atari files containing M1 & T1 dumps, to show what they're like?
Clive

I am up for that, Clive ... I'll send you a private message on the forum with an email address to send the files to. It would be a good feature to add to my M1 Sysex Splitter.

Are you Mac or PC based ?

Daz.
chorg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz

Just to log the fact here, I've just e-mailed some specimen files to you.

Clive
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Jerry, now that KLC-DE has added 5 PCM disks from the T, I wouldn't mind paying an extra feature that would give me the 5 missing from series 1 and the 10 from series 2. I guess you could always develop paid for addons that way.

And a PS3200 VST whenever Masa is free Wink
chorg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
As for other disk support, we could consider things for the future, but no promises. What other sounds are you looking to have supported?

I have a lot of diskettes that load extra samples into the T1:

. (1) 50 that I copied at Korg in West London (no charge, just a long slog through 50 load/save operations). Examples: LMD A1 - Piano 1; LMD A2 - Piano 2; LMD A3 - Pipe Organ & Harpsi.

. (2) Several Korg diskettes sold commercially eg TSD-07 - Ethnic; and a piano diskette TSD00PI that came free with the synth.

. (3) Many others bought from 3rd-party suppliers.

Korg must, I presume, still have the data found on the 50 freely-copyable diskettes (LMD A1 to LMD J3), so I imagine there is in principle a route for making these accessible to the M1 emulator.

But it would be great if that could be extended to allow users' (3rd-party) diskettes to be used. As I've mentioned, PC software already exists to copy T1 diskette contents to hard disc, so it should(?) be technically feasible to write a utility to read a T1 disk in a PC and transform the data into a form that the M1 emulator could use.

I'd really like to be able to recreate old sequences recorded into Atari Cubase from the T1 with 3-rd party samples loaded. That's not to say I don't like the Korg samples, but just that I took advantage of the extra range available by incorporating 3rd-party diskettes, and (of course) those sequences couldn't be recreated without the right samples being loaded.
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 50, that was the DSS-1 library wasn't it ?
chorg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francois

If the 50-disk set had a name, I don't know it. I went to the Korg offices in West London and they showed me into a room with a T1 and a pile of disks to copy.

What was the DSS-1 library?

Clive
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, think so, as the T can import DSS-1 disks, and Korg never relased 50 T disks, just 2 sets of 10.
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly - it was the DSS1 "user" library. That's a whole 'nother can of worms I think. Not likely...

Regards,

Jerry
depulse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
Exactly - it was the DSS1 "user" library. That's a whole 'nother can of worms I think. Not likely...

Regards,

Jerry

So you are saying there will be a virtual DSS1 in the next version of Legacy Collection.... Wink

That sounds really super!

Just add also the Poly-800, DW8000 and the Z1 (maybe a virtual Triton , but that seems less likely) and the "Dream Rig" is complete.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest news ... I got some files from Clive in various flavours, that came from Atari based patch librarians such as GenEdit and Synthworks. Whilst some of them just appear to be the raw sysex with headers and trailers and possibly easily converted, some of them are not easy to read.

I've quite a fascinating adventure installing an Atari emulator and running up these old programs like GenEdit and seeing how they work. I even found the source code for GenEdit so that should shed some light on how some of these files are formatted. Just for kicks I ran up old versions of Notator and Cubase on the Atari ST emulator ... wow ! ... how much and how little has changed Smile

Daz.
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Atari emulator are you using ? Does MIDI work ?
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steem Engine ... and yes MIDI does work Smile It's very cool ... I have never used an Atari before, it's pretty amazing considering it was way back when ... no wonder people still rave about them.

http://steem.atari.st/download.htm

... I had wondered whether the easiest way to convert these files was simply to run the software in the emulator and ask it to transmit the MIDI data and just capture it on the PC. You can assign any MIDI port on your PC to be the Atari's built in port ... so you could send data to MIDI Yoke and capture the results in MIDI OX for example.

Daz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: