Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The OASYS Refill Project.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

Quote:
All in all, is it correct that there are 110 Multisamples (000 to 109) in total?

Sorry, I’m not in the Studio right now so I’m not sure.
Sounds about right. Basically you just needed to load the first set, then append the second set to memory. If you did that, then you have loaded the data perfectly.

Quote:
007 : Digital Guitar 2 DF001: C5 note, dull click towards the end of the sample. More prominent beat effect if you press a two or more notes at the same time C5 & E5

Ok, I’ll check that out.
There maybe an incomparability issue to do with the start loop point. It might be off by one sample to the left. This is something I’ve seen before, but since this is my first time making samples for the OASYS. I may not have allowed for this. Especially since I don’t even have an OASYS, I can’t check my work.

Either way, don’t worry about it. This is all something I can fix from my end even after you all have finished working on the sounds. So just ignore the noise and keep working with the samples as they are. It’s not a problem right now.

Quote:
81 : Famous Flute : Metallic tick noise towards the end of the sample, audio beats due to looping?

This is a very rare sample with limited range. It’s an emulation of the famous sound Enigma used in all their sounds. It’s not meant to be played out side the range Enigma played it. So… there’s nothing that can be done here. The sample will sound off when played far from it’s original note.

Quote:
009 : XL Synth Bass 1 : Audible beat noise when playing C2 note.

Ok, I’ll check it out. If it’s the loop point issue I mentioned above, then there should be a few other samples that suffer from the same problem. Again, it’s not an issue. Just work away with it as it is and I’ll fix it later.

Quote:
32 : Kit_10 : Is this from another keyboard/instrument.

No, it’s from the CD Pool I stated a few years back. Its origin is a free AKAI FTP server that used to be alive a few years back, but is now dead.

Quote:
079 : X-Files .. any similarities to the soundtrack from the TV series?

It sounds like the lead sound used in the X-Files theme, but it’s not the same. It’s an original sample I made.

Quote:
106 to 109 : 64mb Piano FF MF : Is this the Gunther's original piano sample for the K2000, reformatted for the OASYS. 'Cos I did this already once for the Triton and that was also a 64MB Piano sampled at two velocities.

No, it’s originally part of a 4 layer 256MB Piano that was also on the AKAI FTP server I mentioned above.

Kind Regards.
Sharp.
Arend Groot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Hello.

Quote:
All in all, is it correct that there are 110 Multisamples (000 to 109) in total?

Sounds about right. Basically you just needed to load the first set, then append the second set to memory. If you did that, then you have loaded the data perfectly.

[Sharp.

Well I have to check it out then because I have 74 multisamples with the piano multisamples from 71 to number 74 Question

Arend
mozartella

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: error discard please Reply with quote

please, discard it

Last edited by mozartella on Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
mozartella

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pranaearth said.....
What is that supposed to mean, mozartella? Evil or Very Mad
Thats alright, I can wait till I buy an Oasys.
Good Luck in your little project, Sharp.
I'll catch the rewards on the other end.

sorry I did not mean to be nasty, just, the answer from Sharp is ok for me that is all....

And, of course when you would have it, ( the Oasys) then you could access to the samples...

Anyway, why put the wagon before the locomotive? time and patience, sometimes are nice Wink
elvisjohndowson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozartella wrote:
why put the wagon before the locomotive?

On a light note, I kind of vaguely remember that sometimes a locomotive pushes the wagon from behind. Hmmm, now that could probably turn into a different kind of connotation altogether Wink

Elvis Dowson
mozartella

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elvisjohndowson wrote:
mozartella wrote:
why put the wagon before the locomotive?

On a light note, I kind of vaguely remember that sometimes a locomotive pushes the wagon from behind. Hmmm, now that could probably turn into a different kind of connotation altogether Wink

Elvis Dowson

yes, you are correct, and, sometimes it was more then 3 locomotives, to move the train....

Ok, Elvis, then jump,on board, please, the last stop would be in Dubai...
elvisjohndowson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Hahah, that's a good one!!

Elvis Dowson
MIDIManNI

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharp

Would it be possible to 'climb on board' this interesting project?

I would really appreciate something to get my teeth into....

I have downloaded th file and eagerly await your permission.

I notice a lot of people from the Karma Labs forum here as well, I guess I'll have to hang out here more often now.

Thanks

(Just up the road from you in Cookstown, N. Ireland)

www.boardgamegeek.com Boardgaming - Another passion of mine!
bctines

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp,

Just wanted to let you know I haven't bugged out of this project. I just have lost my OASYS!

Korg's had it in the shop for over a month and they can't fix it 'cuz they don't have the parts.Sad I have absolutely no idea when I'll ever get my hands on it again. Big waste of $9k!
Derm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know your circumstances BC, or how near you are to the dealer, but if the keyboard is usable at all I would keep it at home. Waiting for parts, in my experience (from anybody) can take a long time, and always appears to be just a week away.
You have my sympathy.
Arend Groot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arend Groot wrote:
Sharp wrote:
Hello.

Quote:

[Sharp.

Well I have to check it out then because I have 74 multisamples with the piano multisamples from 71 to number 74 Question

Arend

I loaded the 2 files again and now I see the 110 multisamples. I have to reorganize some programs again...
elvisjohndowson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Standardize on factory.pcg or producer.pcg Reply with quote

Hi Sharp,
I just observed that it is important to standardize on whether you want to use the factory default preload.pcg or producer.pcg when designing combis that use programs from Korg and the OASYS Refill project.

We should take a vote on this and then decide, else there will be addition effort for those working on the project to re-organize their combis. I prefer to use the producer.pcg file. I was working this way, then just thought I'd check the factory demos and reloaded factory.pcg. I decided to keep my OASYS Refill project program and combi patches in User Bank D. When I re-loaded the OASYS Refill project patches, the combi did not work correctly, since it was originally created for the producer settings and not the factory preload settings.

Elvis Dowson
elvisjohndowson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Standardize on a user bank Reply with quote

Hi Sharp,
While we are on the subject of standardization, I was wondering if we could also decide which user bank all the OASYS Refill project programs and combis will go into.

I use User Bank D for both the programs and combis. I've just made on program and combi, but thought I'd check this out with you before proceeding any further.

Elvis Dowson
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: User Bank D is going to be used for LAC-1 programs.

Daz.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Standardize on a user bank Reply with quote

elvisjohndowson wrote:
I use User Bank D for both the programs and combis. I've just made on program and combi, but thought I'd check this out with you before proceeding any further.

Program User Bank D would not be a good choice, as it contains the LAC-1 option, soon to be out. Furthermore, I would suspect that whatever option comes next will use User C, since that seems to be the way Korg is going. STR-1 = USER E, LAC-1 = USER D, ???? = USER C. Not that I'm involved in this, but I would suggest either User G or User B. Of course, I could be wrong about what they choose next, but I only know that User D is "spoken for".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: