Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which MicroX do you have (white or black)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justyn time

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Which MicroX do you have (white or black) Reply with quote

I ordered mine from guitarcenter (USA) and when I recieved it it was the white one. I didnt state a preference thats just what I got.

How bout you?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tom_1970

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always presumed I would get the black one, becaus I read that the white would be a limited edition.
When I ordered mine they said that it would be the white one but when I get there I could choose between a whit and a black one.

I liked (and like) the black micro-x more so a black one it is.

Regards

Tom
BONES

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't quite see myself with a white synth on stage so I'm very glad I didn't even know such a thing existed when I got my beautiful, black beastie.
justyn time

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I might prefer the black one myself but I got the white and I guess it doesnt really matter they are both the same and hey maybe I will be one of few who actually have a white one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
justyn time

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may be one of very very few american owners of a white MicroX lol. I have searched and searched for a price on the white microX and the only listings I can find are non-american sites. I even went so far as to contact Guitarcenter.com asking for a price on the white MicroX to which they replied "Sorry, we dont carry the white MicroX"

When I ordered it in the store they had no idea what I was talking about. They had to special order it directly from Korg, perhaps the korg distribution place just grabbed one and sent it. I never specified that I wanted the white one and of course was never asked being that the salesman had no clue what it was.

I had to wait for a couple weeks to recieve it because they said it was on back order. My guess is the US distributor was out and borrowed one from a non us dist to fill the order in a timely fashion..
hydroslanger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the white one can only be bought through guitar center and one other store (i think its music fiend or something) its like how footlocked gets special colors for shoes, the guy at guitar center said theres very limited supply of these. I ahd to put one on hold even though I'm not sure which one I like more. not a big deal anyway I guess.
justyn time

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called guitar center's 1800 line to get a price on the white one to see if its the same as the black and they insisted they dont carry the white one. The white one cannot be found on guitarcenter.com or musiciansfriend.com...

If you do a google search for Korg Micro X White you get all non US sales sites.

Furthermore, the cardboard wrapping around my micro X that displays the features and all that has no english on it at all. It has some french, german, japanese and a language that I dont recognize... No english.
hydroslanger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and thats why im getting one through guitar center.......
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of some Pics of the White Model.....
Triton Lounger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
Any chance of some Pics of the White Model.....

I first saw it in the Musik pics:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17243

I like my black one. I really want a black one with blue X50 screen though. That would be very cool.
Cool
mwalthius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even know the white one existed until I found this forum. I have a black micro x, but would actually prefer a white one.
karma1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Micro X is the black model. When I first heard about the white model it didn't appeal to me since I thought it might make it look more like a toy. However, after clicking on the link in this thread and seeing the photo of it, it actually looks pretty cool. They might be worth more for resale since it is a limited editon, and someone who really wants one would probably be willing to pay top dollar for it. I'd love to see a Micro X in silver, like a Triton.
N.O.W.™

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can grab white ones from Tom Lee Music in British Colombia, Canada. The white is a special edition, but other than being white, what is so special about it? I think it would have been better had the keys been reversed. Just my 2˘.
shineofleo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an interesting topic...

For me, originally I ordered a black one (I really hated the white one at the first glance). I am in UK, and Checked some online shop, and the white one is more expensive (round 20 pounds). Even some site describes the white one is a "very limited edtion!". Who cares? I told myself at that time.

I ordered a black one, and when it arrived, surprise! there is a 'KORG MicroX W' label on the package, and it is a white one.

The the situation becomes complicated... Whould take this 'limited' white one? Since my MPC is also black, honestly I don't want a black one AGAIN...

I am just wondering WHY there is no white microX in US? is it really limited or is it so stupid color that distributors don't want it? Well it is a mystery... But because of the lack of white one in US, even this color is not welcomed, the white may become quite limited, and then, some ppl may love it, on a gig for example...

Anyway this is a musical instrument, is the color really important? ... At least i still have no idea which one is better :S
HencheMann

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the black one. The white one does look a little more unique!

Either way...I'M SELLING IT! $350 US. Check my post in Buy and Sell!

Peace! Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: