Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Energy.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me again...

Just to quote Sean in the video on one thing.

Quote:
"Next week, people can bring their own meter to measure themselves to see how much current is in the system."

Regards
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more...
It's an official upload this time from Steorn demostrating that some of the video's I mentioned here were not what they seemed to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_MA86Czou8&feature=sub

Which in turn backs up some of what xmlguy was saying.

Regards
Sharp.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharp,

I will give Sean McCarthy some positive credit for improving the demonstration of the motor compared to the prior instance. I will also give him some props for addressing some of the problems with the backyard hobbiests' terrible attempts to reproduce the technology.

However, he continues to fail to demonstrate every essential point that would be required to prove a claim of overunity. He put's that off to the future, yet again, to show power in vs. power out. He say's that he welcomes people to come with current probes - which is fine if some engineer takes him up on it- but it does me little good when I'd first like HIM to use a friggen current probe to show the system generating more power than it's producing.

I'm also really losing faith in the Irish Electrical Engineering community. Could one qualified EE please show up to ask the important questions? Please, no more of this layman drivel from blokes who appear to have drifted in off the street after having a few pints too many at the local public house. If someone bought me a roundtrip ticket and paid expenses, I could rip into his demonstration like a starving pitbull in a butcher's shop - there would be blood everywhere. I would simply pull out simple electric meter and ask him to hook it up between the battery and the circuit. Then I'd ask him to observe which direction it turns. Then I'd challenge him leave it in the circuit for 24 hours without touching it or the battery or the orbo in any manner whatsoever.

You see, I think they may be making some fundamental mistakes that they simply haven't realized yet, and his newest demonstration gives some clues as to potential problems. He says that he has to use a powerful battery because it's important to get a very fast current rise. But then he claims that you couldn't do that with a capacitor - that you must have a battery. He's dead wrong on that point. Exactly the opposite is true. Capacitors can supply much more current much more quickly than batteries.

Batteries require a chemical reaction to supply the current - and that reaction is much slower than the energy that is stored on charged capacitor plates. That's why large capacitors are frequently used on pro car audio system in conjunction with flooded lead-acid batteries - because batteries have a limited ability to deliver the current required to handle peak power demands of the speakers and amps being used. Even if the battery has the reserve capacity to deliver the energy over time, the battery can't deliver current quickly enough when it's needed. So capacitors are used as a current reserve that can dramatically increase the peak current capacity without adding more batteries in parallel.

It's hard to believe that an EE would make that mistake - since capacitors used this way are about as common as condoms in a whorehouse. Capacitors are used in power supply regulators. Batteries have no regulation and can have a very undesireable voltage and current range based on current draw. In other words, Sean's reasons why a capacitor cannot be used instead of a battery do not hold up to scrutiny. But it may reveal a flaw in their calculations. They are using a very powerful battery. They may not be fully accounting for the power used by the torroids when powered by that battery. They could be missing a factor on one side of an equation - thus leading to a calculated net gain when there is no actual gain.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, he continues to fail to demonstrate every essential point that would be required to prove a claim of overunity. He put's that off to the future, yet again, to show power in vs. power out.

You heard him yourself though, that's down for next week and the other guy in the demo (Mark I think) will be there all next week and they are going to let the public access the orbo with their own measuring equipment as well as the use of anything steorn have there. So even the public will be doing input VS output tests next week as well as the orbo powering lights.

This is why I've been telling you and Bear to hang in until the 31st before you draw any conclusions here. You can't judge them until you know the full story. How it works is more important to the scientific community than a demonstration of it working. They will be doing the same thing I'm telling you guys to do, which is wait until the demo is over and just enjoy the show in the meantime.

Quote:
I'm also really losing faith in the Irish Electrical Engineering community. Could one qualified EE please show up to ask the important questions?

I would imagine a professional would communicate with Steorn professionally over the phone and with respect. They are not going to turn up to a Web Cast and start a fight. Doing it over the phone allows them to be anonymous to the public and it gives them time to see everything presented.

I'm strongly thinking about going up next week to see the public hands on demo's and the orbo running lights. So if I'm going I'll let you know and I'll ask Mark anything you want me to. Dublin is only 100 miles from where I live and I can swing buy a few music shops to fill my day.

Quote:
You see, I think they may be making some fundamental mistakes that they simply haven't realized yet, and his newest demonstration gives some clues as to potential problems. He says that he has to use a powerful battery because it's important to get a very fast current rise. But then he claims that you couldn't do that with a capacitor - that you must have a battery. He's dead wrong on that point. Exactly the opposite is true. Capacitors can supply much more current much more quickly than batteries.

Nope.....See this post here and follow the thread from that point.
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=8411.msg221758#msg221758

Regards
Sharp.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:

Nope.....See this post here and follow the thread from that point.
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=8411.msg221758#msg221758

Regards
Sharp.

Hi Sharp,

Sorry, no time at the moment to read through another hundred pages of a forum that's 95% bullshit. If you point me to the specific argument that says a capacitor is unable to supply current more quickly than a battery, I'd be happy to read it and explain why it's bullshit too. Now I'm not saying that a battery can always be replaced by a capacitor - I'm saying that Sean's stated reason for not being able to use a capacitor is bullshit. That's different. If there is a legitimate reason for not being able to use a cap instead of the battery then (1) they should give an accurate reason and (2) the reason must be testable (falsifiable). For example, if he says that a battery is required because it uses magic electrons, then it's neither accurate or testable.

And if you show up with the same model battery as he's using, but with a capacitor wired in parallel, let's see if he lets you use that battery instead of his own. I want to see the thing not work - which will help to prove if his claim is true or false. Then I'd like to see the thing go haywire when disconnecting the battery and leaving the capacitor in circuit. Wanna bet a pint of ale on the outcome? I think there's a good chance that he won't let you use the battery/cap to replace his battery.
ausser
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ecoupled.com/pdf/eCoupled_Understanding_Wireless_Power.pdf

Some may find the above interesting - regarding Wi-Power.
Wi-Power is news to me folks.
Like a commercially available WI-Power TV set!!!???

Peace
Ausser.

PS: Those vids are great Sharp.
Keep 'em comin'

PPS:
Here's another thread meeting some of the efficiency issues -
ie. domestic cable infrastructure and millions of non renewable batteries per-annum.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8165928.stm

Guys, this would be like a dream - imagine a cable free studio!, or stage for that matter!!
No more embarrassing questions like -' do you have a kettle in the house?'
This WI-tricity practically calls for post of its own.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ausser.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you mate.

Quote:
Some may find the above interesting - regarding Wi-Power.
Wi-Power is news to me folks.
Like a commercially available WI-Power TV set!!!???

Yep.. it's interesting technology but where I see this taking off the most first is on a commercial level in coffee shops, airports and any public place where people need things like Wi-fi access & an port to charge up.

It could be freaking huge.

Quote:
PS: Those vids are great Sharp.
Keep 'em comin'

Have you been following Steorns forum ? Apparently they are very excited about what's coming up next implying that they saved the very best for last.

Can't wait for that.

Quote:
Here's another thread meeting some of the efficiency issues -
ie. domestic cable infrastructure and millions of non renewable batteries per-annum.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8165928.stm

Guys, this would be like a dream - imagine a cable free studio!, or stage for that matter!!
No more embarrassing questions like -' do you have a kettle in the house?'
This WI-tricity practically calls for post of its own.

Yes, it's a big problem that needs addressing. Also think about it on a larger scale too. Wi-Tricity is clearly going to be in our future, but what if Steorn really have invented free energy.

This will make Wi-Tricity a total no-brainer. Free unlimited wireless electricity.....lol.... how freaking cool would that be.

Regards
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi xmlguy

It's not all about speed, it's about stability and the waveform shape as Sean said. A cap doesn't offer that.

Regards
Sharp.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Hi xmlguy

It's not all about speed, it's about stability and the waveform shape as Sean said. A cap doesn't offer that.

Regards
Sharp.

Uh, yes it does. A cap offers more stability than a battery in a DC circuit. That's why large caps are used in regulator circuits in power supplies, specifically to add stability to the power waveform.

Besides, the shape of the waveform Sean is showing is due mostly to the switching circuit, not the supply. So long as the supply is sufficient, the load being what it is, the waveshape will be identical. I've designed and built enough power supplies and regulators to know how capacitors work. How much have you used capacitors?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Final Demo:
Proving Overunity

Steorn is pleased to announce that the final pre-launch demonstration of its Orbo technology, “Proving Overunity” will take place at 1600 GMT on Saturday January 30th.

Steorn invites you to view the demonstration streamed live at www.steorn.com or attend in person at the Waterways Ireland Visitor Centre, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin 4, Ireland.

Directions: http://www.steorn.com/demo/

Description:

Sean McCarthy, CEO of Steorn, will demonstrate and prove that Orbo is an overunity technology.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he doesn't show more watts out than watts in, then I suggest using one of these dunking stands on the nearest river:

Here's the user manual:

Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he fails to do that or make this crystal clear, I'll load the Orbo up onto that myself and him with it Laughing

This is the demo I've been waiting YEARS to see.

Regards
Sharp.
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:
If he doesn't show more watts out than watts in, then I suggest using one of these dunking stands on the nearest river:

Here's the user manual:

Laughing

On a more serious note, I fail to see him having the slightest chance succeeding, but for what it's worth, let's wait, again....

I'd say, the chances that Ireland will have a public enquiry into the banks and politicians that ripped us to the bone are much higher.... The chances that peace in Palestine will prevail in 2010 are bigger..... Chances that the catholic church will sell their trillions of dollars of riches to give it to the poor are bigger.... Chances that Afghanistan will be independent in 2014, same game....

Much more pressuring subjects on my mind are issues of the so called middle class, they are going to be wiped out by debts they can not repay! Chances that the Bankers and politicians who caused this are taken to court are close to zero.

As for Ireland in general, I made my peace with the political landscape here, it turned into a Banana Republic since long, and as such, I don't take it serious anymore. <shrugs>

Now waiting for the magical orbo, as xmi said, more watts in than out, anything else is unacceptable or just another of his years lasting excuses, not without pointing to the next demonstration of course.... April 1st, 2010 anyone?

Wink
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a live feed, I can't seem to see it?

http://www.steorn.com/
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found the live link, it wasn't prominent on the page, so looks like I've missed out on the live talk. It will be uploaded to Steorn's site and youtube tomorrow.

Anyone watch/listen to it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: