Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW TO SYNTHERSIZERS, NEW TO KORG!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glisando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: NEW TO SYNTHERSIZERS, NEW TO KORG!!!! Reply with quote

Hi Guys....

I just bought a TR 61 on saturday and I have to say I simply love it. I have always wanted to own a KORG and my dream has come true at last after many years of long wait.

Previously I used to play around with a Yamaha portasound(and even that was not mine). I used to hook it up with my PC which has Cakewalk's 'music creator 2002'. Now with a KORG TR 61, the possibilities are greater and better. I am a self taught keyboardist but have recently begun to take lessons and will be going for the LCM keyboard exam next year.

I am begining this thread so that all newbies to Synthersizers and KORG TR can come together here. As I am still in the early stages of dabbling with the Synth, I have no specific question to ask as of yet. That's all for now folks...take care!!!
pszabi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha hi Smile im also a noob to korg! got my first 2 weeks be4 ya..
btw do u use any com program for background mixing? i use fl studio 5 though never tried to synch it with my keyboard... is it possible?
glisando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the recent past I used Cakewalk Music Creator to do sequencing. My yamaha porta sound Keyboard acted as a midi controller. However I have not tried this yet with the KORG TR. I won't be anytime soon as I want to have some understanding of the features of the KORG first. Also I am particularly intrested in having a good mastery of the onboard 16 track sequencer about which I am hearing lots of good things. I am quiet sure it is possible to hook up the KORG with some music software, KORG TR is MIDI compatible anyway. However I am not familliar with the particular software you mentioned. Let's hope some of the other guys here can shed some light on this matter....
glisando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: CREATIVE SOUND CARD Reply with quote

Hi Guys...

I am thinking of getting creative's EMU series of sound card...any recomendations??
sangolicious

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am a newbie, kinda mad cause I saw a Triton Studio on sale at my local Guitar Center for the same price I got my TR 61... which was ALSO on sale!!! But, we gotta start somewhere since this is pretty much my first keyboard and the Studio looks intimidating compared to the 61.

Nice to meet you folks!
glisando

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Track Bouncing Reply with quote

Hi Folks...

I am just wondering, is it possible to do track bouncing in Korg TR? Let's say I record my kick drum in track 1, snare in Track 2 and Hi Hats in track 3. Can I bounce them all to one track so that I can free up the tracks for other use?

regards
glisando
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the TR has Copy/Bounce Track.
korgmahi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hai,

i am planning to buy TR. I have posted a topic titled
" korg TR purchase". would apprreciate if you share your experiences.

thanks..
higskies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I interface my TR with my computer via USB. You should have received the driver software in the box. You can then see if your sequencing software recognizes the TR as a MIDI device. After that, you sould be able to send MIDI data to and from the TR. You can also set the TR's clock to external to synchronize the on-board sequencer/effects/arpeggio/etc. with your computer.

The E-mu 0404 was my first 24 bit soundcard, and served me well. Very easy to setup. Very little to maintain. Decent effects, too.
Korg TR, Legacy DE, padKontrol, M-Audio Axiom, Alesis QS7.1, Yamaha YS-200, Casio VZ-8M, Roland D-110, E-mu ESI-32, Absynth 3, FM7, Live 7, Sonar Producer 7, PreSonus Firepod interface, KRK Rokit5 monitors, Focusrite/Behringer/PreSonus preamps, Rode/Blue/Shure mics, kazoos?, Fender Telecaster, Danelectro U2, Epiphone Les Paul Studio, VOX/Peavey/Gorilla amps, Sigma DY10 Acoustic
Key19

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the family!
glisando

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Time Signature Reply with quote

Hi...

I want to do a song which is in the time of 3/4. I noticed that in the sequencer mode the default is 4/4. I seem to be able to make changes to the time signature only in the step record mode. That too is only for one track...

But what I want is an entire song in 3/4. Is there any global way of making this change? So that I dont have to go to step record mode and make changes for just one track...

THanks!!
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By default 64 measures are setup in 4/4.
Go to Delete Measure, check All tracks and delete the 64 measures (Basically, delete all the bars you see on the Master Track).
Press REC and change **/** to 3/4.
The sequencer will record everything in 3/4, thereafter.
glisando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tritex4 wrote:
By default 64 measures are setup in 4/4.
Go to Delete Measure, check All tracks and delete the 64 measures (Basically, delete all the bars you see on the Master Track).
Press REC and change **/** to 3/4.
The sequencer will record everything in 3/4, thereafter.

Thanks for your reply. How do I then revert back to 4/4? If I power off and power up, will I get 4/4 again?
pagey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's a recent post in the Triton Extreme forum covering this question which might give you the answer.

Korg Kronos61, Triton Extreme 61, M50
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: