Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oasys EBAY

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Genuine or NOT
Skam
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Wham, Bam i'll ave another O please maam.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

master logic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Oasys EBAY Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-new-Original-Korg-Oasys-76-midi-workstation_W0QQitemZ260042952811QQihZ016QQcategoryZ41355QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not sure what to make of this, There's me thinking, hhmm, a second Oasys (at a potentially amazing price) Shocked But i'm also thinking there's something dodgy going on. Anyway, i'll let you folks make up your own minds.
Synergy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an apparent scam in action from India or Nigeria. I often see them pulling scams on high priced (+$4000) items like console mixers and microphones. I won't be suprise if they ask you to wire the partial down payment up front through Western Union and they'll keep insist you more cash flows for the shipping, tax and the rest of the payments until you realized it's too late.

Last edited by Synergy on Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
themusicman2001
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup - Scam indeed. No way anyone should have this on their selling page:

!Very Important!:We are not able to receive or check any email in our ebay account!They are updating our account!Sorry for any inconvenience!

eBay don't do that.
andries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've reported it.
thekeymaster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defo SCAM!!!

I dont use ebay myself but my family and freinds that do have pointed this kind of thing out to me on many occasions.

All the official info and publicity pictures,no real shots of item for sale,stupid email excuses and finally price.

One thing Ive learned is that if it seems to good to be true then it usually is,especially on ebay, when it comes to hi tech gear and computers.

Who in their right mind would sell one for $1500,stolen or otherwise.

Cake Muncher
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
andries

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and it's gone now.
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats sad is that Ebay still uses their Corporate greedy "second chance offer" for sellers on every item and many new users still get scammed from phony emails being sent to the bidders after the auction. All of which everyone sent from the scammers goes through Ebays private little email system. A simple fix would be to hide the Ebay ID names of all the bidders once an auction is over, making it available only to the seller and actual bidders of that auction.
Sparkie
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been reporting these keyboard scams for six months now. The OASYS made it to "the list" only a few months ago.

In these situations, a legitimate eBay ID is being stolen, then used for fraudulent auctions. If you have signed in to eBay, are browsing something or click on a link, AND suddenly your "eBay Sign In" screen appears, do NOT sign in using this screen. I did this once, then realized about 1 minute later that I shouldn't have had to sign in again. I quickly changed my password.

Telltale signs include:
-- ridiculously low price
-- an email address in the listing itself
-- a request to have buyers NOT bid or not contact Seller through "Ask Seller a Question" (since this sends an email to the REAL eBay ID owner).
-- usually "Buy It Now" text, but not a real Buy it Now auction
-- most auctions for 24 hours, sometimes 3 day auction
-- Seller is selling a large number of ridiculously low priced items
-- use of "same set of pictures" (stolen at one time from a legitimate auction)

Unfortunately, if you search on "Korg Triton", or "Roland Fantom" it is easy to find these scam auctions. Given these scammers MUST be getting some money, it appears keyboardists are ALWAYS looking for fantastic deals and are therfore very succeptible to thes scams.

Heed the old phrase "If it looks too good to be true..."

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparkie -

Can you explain what issue you are referring to with 'second chance' emails in ebay? I'm very inexperienced on ebay, but have recently bid on two synthesizers and on both occasions was unsuccessful. On both occasions I received 2nd chance emails! I actually contacted the owner of the first one as I was interested, but he did not respond.

For the 2nd synth, I was about 5th in the auction, and found it curious that I was offered a 2nd chance and so didn't do anything about it.

Now you mention here a problem with these emails - are the scams?

cheers,
Kevin.
WWW: www.knect.ie
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kevin, unfortunately yes this is happening! Read Martin's checklist above..which is very good indeed to follow. What happens is after a seller sells an item...usually a big ticket item, then the scammer looks at the bidder history for that auction and gets your ID...since you bid either as a second or third high bidder. He then sends you a separate email to you, through Ebays email service, explaining the high bidder couldnt pay ..or has problems etc. and tells you the item is still available for sale at such and such price. He then tells you to send payment etc. for the item and he will ship it. They also copy and paste his ebay ID in the email to spoof you, but when you reply it is to the scammers email address directly and not to the seller of the item, thus hooking you for the sale. A good idea is to send the seller of a second chance offer a separate email(going to the auction item page to send it) asking him if indeed he sent you a second chance offer and have him verify it. Hop[e this helps..
Sparkie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: