Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any way to make the M3 behave like a GM sound module?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porteous

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Any way to make the M3 behave like a GM sound module? Reply with quote

I'd l like to clean up my rack and get rid of an old Roland JV-1010, which I only use when I need a General MIDI sound module (for use with Band-in-a-box). I'd rather just use my M3.. I can initialize GM on the M3, which sets up the sequencer to use bank G, but it won't respond to the standard GM patches (33 for acoutric bass, etc). It just plays each MIDI channel with patch 001.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M3 should be able to be used as a GM sound module and should be able to respond to Program change messages in Sequencer Mode.

Check in Global mode to see if you have Program Change protected (meaning the m3 is set to NOT respond to program Change messages).

Also, check the Parameter Guide appendix. There should be a section on MIDI Applications.
Porteous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip!
Turns out I achieved the desired results by turing OFF program changes.. BIAB sends out program changes that don't work with the M3, so by telling the M3 to ignore them, I can just setup my instruments directly on the M3 in SEQ mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: