Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA50 VS PA80 different sound ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vladislav

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Korg PA50 VS PA80 different sound ? Reply with quote

Greet !

Seller in the shop has say that in PA50 use other convertors, and sound worse, than on PA80.
And else, that on PA50 sound "plastic" and "baby", than on PA80.
This truth?
Write their own commentary, who knows.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, tell him to go clean bathrooms for living...who has hired him there?
hanizh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have a PA50 his sound is great and it is a very good keyboard (although it is made in China), it could be also that the speacker of PA-80 are a little bit better, but what really need to concern you is the real differences which are :

- PA80 has flash card
- PA80 has hard disk for storage
- PA 80 has sample , we you can always add new samples ...

These are the major differences, if you have wnough money and you are profissional , go for PA-80 otherwise PA-50 is a very good choise ,

Good luck,
ktn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got my PA-50 for a few weeks now, did come back to the store to try the old / new Yamaha PSR models (costing 1000 to 1700$), and none of them sound as good as the PA-50. Most of the sounds in PA-50 sound realistic (not just my opinion, lot of my friends who heard my playing).
I did play next to a Yamaha PSR-3000 and this PSR sounds like a toy.
Use to be a fan of Yamaha, not anymore. Only the Tyros (>3K) can beat this inexpensive PA-50. Looking for a second keyboard, I just try the Tyros today in the store. Love it but too expensive.
ktn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got YAMAHA-MO6 as second keyboard to complement my PA-50. Love it.
For some reason, when playing PA-50 as one man-band using backing music, when playing some solo on the right half of the keyboard, some of the voices (piano, EP) sound very weak AND thin (they sound thicker when playing alone) while others (sax, trumpet, accor...) sound like normal. I did crank the weak ones to the max (using on board mixer and they still sound weak.
The YAMAHA-MO is not an arranger, so it can fully focus on producing great sounds. I tried playing a song with PA-50 along with the strumming / finder-picking guitars of the MO6 (I must set same tempo on both), it's mind blowing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA80 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: