Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA-500??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michellecatssss

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: PA-500?? Reply with quote

Hello All!

Does anyone know if they plan on replacing the PA-50 (with perhaps
a PA-500)??

I really love the PA-50 but im gonna hold off till they come out with
one that doesn't use floppy disks. ^_^
Thank you!

mwah

M
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PA800 doesnt use FLOPPY.
michellecatssss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nedim"]The PA800 doesnt use FLOPPY.[/quote]

did i say PA800? =D
marsuleu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe Korg will introduce a new model , a low cost version of pa800 ( just like pa50 wich was the low cost version of pa80 ), and this one could be "pa-500" , and maybe they will replace floppy drive with another device. but why don't u buy a pa800? why are u waiting for a new model of pa50?
michellecatssss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="marsuleu"]maybe Korg will introduce a new model , a low cost version of pa800 ( just like pa50 wich was the low cost version of pa80 ), and this one could be "pa-500" , and maybe they will replace floppy drive with another device. but why don't u buy a pa800? why are u waiting for a new model of pa50?[/quote]

um... can you say $3000??? lol =D
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think there is gonna be any LOWER version of the PA800, its just no way.
I think it is gonna be a HIGHER version, same as they started with the PA80.
michellecatssss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: PA-500?? Reply with quote

well this is pure speculation but... if they had a pa50 and a pa80 before
then it seems like they would come out with a pa500 as the lower end
version of the pa800.
hanizh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A reduced version can take place in few years from now, the PA800 was just introduced, they will not japordize the sales for reduced version, when they earn their money, they will be coming up with reduced version to earn some more money without much additional investment Laughing Very Happy
pyeoh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: PA-500?? Reply with quote

michellecatssss wrote:
Hello All!

Does anyone know if they plan on replacing the PA-50 (with perhaps
a PA-500)??

I really love the PA-50 but im gonna hold off till they come out with
one that doesn't use floppy disks. ^_^
Thank you!

mwah

M

Hi Michelle:

I've owned a PA-50 for about 2 years now. I've been very happy with the sounds and touch wood, so far the instrument has been reliable. Recently, I had the chance to test out a Yamaha PSR1500. I liked the Yamaha because it has USB to Host and USB to Device. This makes the PA-50 very old-fashioned, since it only has a floppy disk drive. The Yamaha's display is also miles ahead of the PA-50's (which, although large, looks very clunky and 80ish)

However, this is the crucial fact, as far as I'm concerned: the PA-50's sounds beat the PSR1500 flat out. And this was why I bought it in the first place. Now, having said all this, if Korg could come out with a PA-50 that has USB to Host and Device (please get rid of the floppy drive, Korg) and a more user-friendly display (like the Yamaha's) it would be a killer. And oh yes, call it the PA-500, that's cool. One more thing: it mustn't be too expensive. For me the PA-800 is just way too pricey.
nikola81

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PA800 is more expensive because of sampling ability, color touch screen, better sound output, built in TC vocal processor, HDD replaced with flash type memory. All those things are not cheap. But don't worry all high end keyboards come to a reasonable price it's just a matter of time. I have a roland g800 and TR and planing to replace roland with PA800 as soon as possible.(When i come up with some money Laughing )
ktn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two months ago, I was in a local Guitar Center trying to buy a PSR-1500 or PSR-3000, they ran out of them, I already tested them out months before making the decision to buy. So I looked around and found the PA-50, gave it a 45 minutes test, then borrow the headphone to test it out for another hour or so, and decide to buy it since this one really beats the other two PSR from the sound quality point of view. And it costs the same as PSR-1500 (or the new PSR-700). Piano, string, sax, violins, etc... all sound great. Lot of good voices.
I agreed about the floppy, that's a huge limitation causing inconvenience. Need 5 floppies to back up the whole thing, 3 floppies for my own setup.
One floppy can only hold about 20 - 25 songs. But that's an inconvenience.
I just bought another YAMAHA-MO6 to complement the PA-50 during live performance. This one has USB, make life a lot easier to save setups, voices, performances, songs , etc.... Now I have to go thru the challenge and fun of the learning curve as I did with the PA-50.
pyeoh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments, ktn. As I've mentioned in my earlier post, the reason why I bought the PA-50 was because of its amazing sounds and for a struggling musician like myself, the price factor was very important to me. The Yamaha PSR-1500 costs more and the sounds aren't that impressive compared to the PA-50.

However, I must say that I find Korg is sadly, catering to the needs of high-end musicians who don't worry much about the price factor. I mean, over here in Malaysia, the PA-800 costs almost 5 times more than the PA-50! So here's my golden wish, Korg: take out the FDD from the PA-50 and give it USB capability. Make the LCD display more intuitive and call it the PA-500 or whatever. And for goodness' sake, keep the price affordable!! Rolling Eyes
Ajith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyeoh wrote:
Thanks for your comments, ktn. As I've mentioned in my earlier post, the reason why I bought the PA-50 was because of its amazing sounds and for a struggling musician like myself, the price factor was very important to me. The Yamaha PSR-1500 costs more and the sounds aren't that impressive compared to the PA-50.

However, I must say that I find Korg is sadly, catering to the needs of high-end musicians who don't worry much about the price factor. I mean, over here in Malaysia, the PA-800 costs almost 5 times more than the PA-50! So here's my golden wish, Korg: take out the FDD from the PA-50 and give it USB capability. Make the LCD display more intuitive and call it the PA-500 or whatever. And for goodness' sake, keep the price affordable!! Rolling Eyes

I agree with him, PSR 1500 is nowhere near in the case of sound quality, but the user interface and the features are far better(i'm using both). For eg. in the Arabic Drum kit, play the Tabla sound, on both the instruments, then you'll understand, why PA50 is much much superior in the sound quality. So Please Korg, rejuvenate PA50 with some modern features and user interface(call it PA500) and sell it in a very low price(like PA50), then poor people like us can also own a good Arranger. Please do it before Christmas, so that we can use it in our Christmas services.
Rockitman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: pa500 Reply with quote

Look here....
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/016331.html
marn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyeoh wrote:
Korg: take out the FDD from the PA-50 and give it USB capability. Make the LCD display more intuitive and call it the PA-500 or whatever. And for goodness' sake, keep the price affordable!! Rolling Eyes

So The PA 500 use SD Card...i think should be ok right Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: