Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using the sequencer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keyz_06

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Using the sequencer Reply with quote

Hi all,
I am a newbie and I am having a problem using the sequencer. After loading a template and copying over some drum patterns I laid down several tracks. After the fact I learned that if you do not specify the song length the default is 64 measures. No problem. So I have this loop going on and basically played the same thing through the 64 measures. Now I want to and the bridge portion of the song. I was thinking that all I would have to do is delete all the measure after the point where the bridge will begin and set the locate point to that new location and go from there. Well, I can't seem to get the machine to take my new recordings.

Should I possibly be using auto punch in to get it to record?

If all else fails I can start over I guess.
Phunky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi keyz_06

Another trick you can do is use the 'cue list' method.

Step1

What you need to do create a new song say "song 02". Then from the drop down menu, choose 'copy from song' and choose the original song (say, song 01) you've created earlier and don't forget the check 'copy patterns too' (or something along the line as I don't have my TE with me now).

Step2

Once you've done that, song 02 will have the exact copy of song 01. Now in Song 02, you can delete those unwanted patterns and set the length etc etc you want to create for the bridge.

Step 3

Now, back to the original song (song 01), set the length of the song up to the point before the bridge (for eg, if you want to add the bridge in bar 33 instead, just set the length of the song to 32 bars and the song will end at bar 32).

Step 4

Once you've done that, press the 'menu' and go to page 3 (I think) where you can see the "cue list" page. Now, insert song 01 in the first slot, then song 02 in the 2nd slot. Make sure to check the "load FX" box as well. From the drop down menu, select "convert cue list to song". Make sure you put it in a new song say "Song 03". Back to Seq main page, select "song 03" which says something like "CueList" and press "play". The TE has automatically combine song 1 and song 2 in Song 3 for you.

Note: As a rule of thumb, always do a backup before you make any changes of your original song. (by repeating step 1 in another song slot say song 20).

Hope it helps. Wink

"Ask yourself always: How can this be done better?"
keyz_06

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Phunky,
I do want to try the cue list method one of these times to see if it is any quicker than the way I am doing it now. I did however figure out my problem. As I mentioned before I had all the tracks looping over and over, once I took the tracks out of the loop mode everything was fine.

Thanks again for the cue list method.

Take care!!
c_hammal
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phunky wrote:

Step2

Once you've done that, song 02 will have the exact copy of song 01. Now in Song 02, you can delete those unwanted patterns and set the length etc etc you want to create for the bridge.

Step 3

Now, back to the original song (song 01), set the length of the song up to the point before the bridge (for eg, if you want to add the bridge in bar 33 instead, just set the length of the song to 32 bars and the song will end at bar 32).

Ok Phunky I need detailed help on how to delete the unwanted measures. I'm working on a song via cue list. I have 3 parts of the song. So basically, when I recorded my intro (song03) I actually want to stop it at Measure 15 but the song keeps going on and on till 64 by default. How can I delete the rest starting measure 15??? I can't seem to make the song right due to that.

How can I delete measures or set in the cue list that I want song 03 from measure 1 to measure 15???? This is starting to drive me nuts as I can't seem to get that part right.

Thanks!

Gear:
Korg Kronos 2 88 keys
Alesis Q49 Controller
MacBook Pro Retina 13"
Tascam US-100
Bowers & Wilkins P7 Headphones
Audio Technica ATH-M50 Headphones
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How can I delete measures or set in the cue list that I want song 03 from measure 1 to measure 15???? This is starting to drive me nuts as I can't seem to get that part right.

Hello!!

Select MENU, P5: Track Edit.
Use the drop down menu to access Delete Measure.
From Measure: 016
To Measure: 065
Check the All Tracks box to include the Master Track.

In general, when creating a cue list, it's important to trim the Master Track to that of the musical data.
This will insure that once the song stops, the next song starts immediately.
Once the measures are trimmed, look at the effects used in the songs.
If the songs use the same effects, check the Load FX box for the first song only.

Trimming the measures and using the same effects with the first Load FX box checked only, should make for smoother song transitions.
c_hammal
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much.

Will let u know how it went... Thanks a million!

Gear:
Korg Kronos 2 88 keys
Alesis Q49 Controller
MacBook Pro Retina 13"
Tascam US-100
c_hammal
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. It worked!

Had some technical issues during the switching from a song to another when song created, related to some armed tracks and sustain pedal assignments. Somehow, song 02 would start with the lead track sustained while in recording, it was not.

But with some tricks, only during playback as they all failed during recording.

Gear:
Korg Kronos 2 88 keys
Alesis Q49 Controller
MacBook Pro Retina 13"
Tascam US-100
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: