Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA800/Tyros 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gnbutt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: PA800/Tyros 2 Reply with quote

I'm presently seriously considering one or the other of these two keyboards for my home studio. I'm a basic player, nothing fancy, I'd like to only have the unit provide rhythm, bass and accompanyment on a left hand chord, I don't do sampling, sequencing etc. and record tracks through Nuendo software on my computer. Built-in song styles would be something I'd like, the ability to do different types of intro's and endings, mostly light rock and ballad type recording and arrangements. I'd really appreciate some candid comments based on my type of use, it will stay in the studio. Background accompanyment is the intended use, melodies will likely be played on a different keyboard. Price is not a deciding issue but I'd like the unit which provides the best bang for the buck.
Thanks ! GB
M3-73, Roland Fantom X8, Motif ES7, OMNISPHERE VST and my baby, an old Fender Rhodes 73. Hammond SK2 with Neo Mini-Vent for Organ, Korg Krome 61 with Vintage Synth collection + DSKrome, Killer Organ Package
Roland FA-06
marsuleu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello GNBUTT !
i can tell you that Korg PA800 and Tyros2 are very good arrangers.but, acording to your needs, i can tell u this: choose Tyros2, u will find very good styles for the background accompaniament ( styles are made just like the original songs from all around the world and from the greatest artists like Gipsy Kings, Elvis Presley , Kylie Minogue, Gigi D'Agostino , Beatles and others) so u will not play with an ordinary style, u'l play an original style. And the Yamaha MegaVoices Technology makes very realistic sounds , incredible sounds !!!
Good luck !
best regards,
Marius
helmy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi... yup I too am looking to acquire either of these as an arranger and composition tool. I have the budget and where I'm from the 2 cost similar - about US$300 odd difference. I'll probably concern myself more with the preset styles and sounds and ease of use at the basic level.

Here's wishing that anyone feels free to contribute their opinions on this comparison. The 2 are being set up at their respective stores soon so I hope to have a personal hands on experience one day.Of cos from the demos.. the SA sounds are killer I fancy some of the styles of the PA800 but I must add that the demos for E80 are pretty solid. But its too expensive here compared to the 2.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds to me like both keyboards are way overkill for what you have stated you want. Why not look at the new psr range whch are much cheaper but will fit your requirment easily. even consider the PA50 as they can be bought very cheaply now second hand.
helmy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup thanks for that point. but what i have is the budget for either tyros 2 vs pa800 . If they were the same price which would u get? anybody have a preference?
hiteshs1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

helmy wrote:
yup thanks for that point. but what i have is the budget for either tyros 2 vs pa800 . If they were the same price which would u get? anybody have a preference?

Hi Buddy,
If you can programme the styles or want to do pro level sequencing PA-800 is a obvious choice. Against the mega voices on Tyros, Korg offers you RX technology for sound.

Hitesh.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you said that you wanted the best bang for the buck and that you were a basic player. so why do you want to spend money needlessly on instrumenst that you will not use even a 5th of their capability ? There are so many other cheaper options that will fill your needs and give you the best "bang for the buck ". If you are certain that you want either the tyros2 or korg pa800 then i cannot advise you as it is clear you are really not sure what you want or why you want it . It would be foolish for me to give you advise based upon such obviously conflicting criteria. I could recomend either instrument and you would be equally unhappy or happy. Both more than meet your need.
gnbutt

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the comments, I'll be trying out both units shortly when in Toronto, Ont. next month.
GB
M3-73, Roland Fantom X8, Motif ES7, OMNISPHERE VST and my baby, an old Fender Rhodes 73. Hammond SK2 with Neo Mini-Vent for Organ, Korg Krome 61 with Vintage Synth collection + DSKrome, Killer Organ Package
Roland FA-06
helmy

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, do let me know how it goes. I'm in a similar position. Ready to delve into either keyboard. Price not being an issue.
ktn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If money is not an issue, I would go for the Tyros2 and practice like hell (and take lessons if needed) to reach to the next levels to make my money worth.
And what's wrong with practice to get to the next levels ? It's fun.
thomasteele

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
I used to play technics so I went over to Korg because its very similar in approach and layout in a way to what I required .Yamaha was to finicky So its down to personal choise its up to you no one can say this is better or tht one has this
Kerzwhile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
It sounds to me like both keyboards are way overkill for what you have stated you want. Why not look at the new psr range whch are much cheaper but will fit your requirment easily. even consider the PA50 as they can be bought very cheaply now second hand.

Completely agree with that statement!! The PSR-3000 is 80% of the Tyros 2 at 1/2 the money!! Seriously If you get the chance check them out side by side. I sell them both. Of cource i would rather sell a Tryros just for the shear amount of money I would make, But, as an honest fellow musician, I try to demo both and let the customer decide! I do not concider myself a salesman in fact To me that is an insult. I am just the purveyor of musical goods to fellow musicians or hobbyests that cant spell for crap!! Angel
MY Weapons of choice: K2600X, Oasys88, PC3X, K2661, V-Synth, MotifESR, ZR-76, TS-12, VFX, EPS16+,ESQ-1, ESQ-1R, Emu Xtreme Lead, SCI Six Trak, HR-16, Kurzweil Mark 150 Baby Grand and 2 D1600's synced!!!
http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=kerzwhile
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
gnbutt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tips, nice to have other musicians in the field with a good handle on the pro's and con's of each keyboard. I will definitely be going with the KORG. Now as progress in technology would have it, KORG has a new unit out, I haven't tried out a PA-800 yet but now there's now a PA2X out. I can afford either but is the newer unit a better buy ? ie; features etc.
Thanks !
GB
Roland FA-06
ranlomer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: PA800/Tyros 2 Reply with quote

gnbutt wrote:
I'm presently seriously considering one or the other of these two keyboards for my home studio. I'm a basic player, nothing fancy, I'd like to only have the unit provide rhythm, bass and accompanyment on a left hand chord, I don't do sampling, sequencing etc. and record tracks through Nuendo software on my computer. Built-in song styles would be something I'd like, the ability to do different types of intro's and endings, mostly light rock and ballad type recording and arrangements. I'd really appreciate some candid comments based on my type of use, it will stay in the studio. Background accompanyment is the intended use, melodies will likely be played on a different keyboard. Price is not a deciding issue but I'd like the unit which provides the best bang for the buck.
Thanks ! GB

I have a Tyros2 and am about to buy a PA800. I always liked the tyros2, then I bought a G70 which I sold mainly because of the weight issue. Although I don't regret selling the G70 the Tyros2 just doesn't have that live sound that the G70 gave me. I'm hoping that the PA800 will deliver with live sounds. I say demo the PA800.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: