Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa50 - Damper pedal doesn't work on left in split mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doron213

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Pa50 - Damper pedal doesn't work on left in split mode Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I've bumped into something strange in my Pa50:
When I use my keyboard in split mode the damper pedal works only in the right hand area and not in the left hand area.

Is there something I can do about it to fix the problem?

Gratefully,
Doron.
jinxby

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: damper/sustain Reply with quote

Hi Doron123,
I'd say that's the way it has to be, otherwise if there were drums, bass and other accompaniment playing on the left (remember that the left of the split is also used to set chords for the accompaniment), these would all have to be sustained; wouldn't it end up a mass of rhythm and noise?...I'll try mine when I get back home.
Try selecting a drumkit for the right and try sustain/damper pedal.

Best of playing

Jinxby
doron213

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jinxby,

you're partly right, but think about the situation when you split the keyboard in order to use different instrument, e.g. piano on the right and strings on the left and being able to sustain the left side gives you a free hand to switch to another performance setup.
This, anyway, is the reason I posted this topic.
It may not happen too often but it helps.

Anyway, I've solved the problem: in the RT Controls you can define for each performance which of the tracks (3 in the right and 1 in the left) are relevant for the damper pedal so now the problem is solved.

Hope that eventually I contributed my share to the forum Smile

Doron.
jinxby

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Damper pedal Reply with quote

Hi Doron,

Cool, glad you sussed it out. I use a pedal a bit, but until you mentioned that problem I just accepted that it worked by default, on the right hand of the split.

I'm learning to play, and usually use the left as a backing band for a bit of a break.

salam

Jinxby
ktn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doron,
i just happened to run into the same question. How to assign the damper pedal to the left hand (usually backing styles with strings on the background), I want to maintain the strings part only so I can use my left hand to play a second keyboard. With the right hand, we all know to to sustain the note as we need.
You just told me that we can do that by modifying the performance and save it. That's great.
Thanks for the tip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: