Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Downloading patches
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlipKnoTCraig133

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Downloading patches Reply with quote

How do I import patches I got off of Korg Forums into my X50 editor Question ?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no X50 download section.

The download section is organised into area's of compatibility. If your keyboard is not listed, then it's not supported, or it's compatibility has not been researched by me. Does it say it support Triton format in the manual ?.

Regards.
Sharp.
Morten'J

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The editor will import them to X50 first.
you import them to X50 via Editor it is in utillity.

I work for some hours now with my MicroX and vintageanalog bank for Triton I got it into Bank E and write them into programs that I not use and then got factory Bank E back and it work now Smile

yes it support TRiton.
SlipKnoTCraig133

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Downloading patches Reply with quote

Me again. What are the steps for downloading a patch into your X-50? I can't seem to figure it out.
losackmd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you saying here that triton combis or programs are compatible with those of the X50 and can be used interchangeably?

please someone make sense of this.
khortoom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, theoretically U could "import" Program and Combi patches of Triton extreme or also of the TR series (and I think of the Korg Karma workstation too) into X50 or microX. BUT NOT NEW SOUNDS ! ONLY PROG AND COMBI PATCHES ! So if U happen not to have the same sound on X50 it's not heard in the combi, or replaced with a crazy other one from X50's own...

Last edited by khortoom on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
wwjd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, who's got the skinny on where X50 patches can be downloaded? Is there someplace online we can start trading our own?
musikmachine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to do it is in the pdf that comes with the editor.It tells you whats compatible as well,i think it's anything with a pcg extension.

You can download soundbanks from the download section Smile
khortoom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But don't try to download some exotic sounding thing coz' X50 is gonna replace it with some crap sounding sh*t... U should know that U're not importing "new sounds", but only other parameters... This forum's got download section for the patches of the above mentioned synths, but not X50 and No X50 patch download place on the web either, that's sure at least for now... Crying or Very sad Maybe we should make a website 4 ppl to upload X50 and microX patches Cool

Last edited by khortoom on Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khortoom wrote:
U should know that U're not importing "new sounds", but only other parameters...

Exactly! Cool
wwjd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khortoom wrote:
This forum's got download section for the patches of the above mentioned synths, but not X50 and No X50 patch download place on the web either, that's sure at least for now... Crying or Very sad Maybe we should make a website 4 ppl to upload X50 and microX patches Cool

zactly. anyone know of a user community synth patch storage page? I've never seen one, but it is a great idea. I, for one, am tired of paying $49.9599 for 300 "Hot New Patches" only to have 7 be interesting and usable.
A free place for all users to trade their creations would be sweet. Does Yahoo have Groups with file storage or something similar?
khortoom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwjd wrote:
Does Yahoo have Groups with file storage or something similar?

I'm not sure, but I guess it should... Theres a user group site called CombinatorHQ for Reason users for example...
wwjd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, newbie clarification please Smile You are sayin' I can go to the download section on THIS site and try any patches for "Triton", "Triton Extreme", or "TR series" and they will load okay on the X50? I understand about the samples not working, just wanted to make sure I understood which patches are usable.

Knowing that, I would guess, I could then reassign WORKING samples from inside the X50 to "fix" the patch, right? Makes sense to me anyway
khortoom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwjd wrote:
so, newbie clarification please Smile You are sayin' I can go to the download section on THIS site and try any patches for "Triton", "Triton Extreme", or "TR series" and they will load okay on the X50? I understand about the samples not working, just wanted to make sure I understood which patches are usable.

Knowing that, I would guess, I could then reassign WORKING samples from inside the X50 to "fix" the patch, right? Makes sense to me anyway

If U've installed the MicroX-X50 Editor software, then it has a pdf documentation U can read...Page 27 (Data compatibility between the...)
Acc. to it "Data" (and NOT NEW VOICE PATCHES) are compatible between X50/MicroX on one side and Triton Series/TR series/Karma Workstation on the other...
I've already tried to import many combi's from triton... But "only data" stayed the same, voice patch was modified to one of X50's owns to such extent that it rendered the combi almost unusable... Crying or Very sad This is the WORST thing about this synth, CONSIDERING VOICE PATCH IT'S A CLOSED SYSTEM AND NOT AN OPEN ONE. Evil or Very Mad
marhah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Share Combis/Programs Reply with quote

Hi Forum,

I am a new X50 user and want to pick up this topic.
I am about to create my own combinatoins for our Cover Band. Because I am a beginner this takes a lot of time

Now I was asking myself weather other users already created combis for known songs (e.g. summer of 69, walk of life, narcotic...) and want to share these.

I understood from this thread that it is only partly possible to use the patches of the download area of Triton...

So is there a possibility to share own created sounds?

Does anyone have alread created sounds to share?

Combis I already created (not much so far, I just started):Smokie: Who the f... is Alice
Otis Reding: Ain't no Sunshine

I am looking espessially for these sounds:
Anyplace anytime, anywhere - Nena & Kim Wild
Boys of Summer - The Ataris
Just like a Pill - Pink
Left Outside Alone - Anastasia
Narcotic - Liquido
Summer Of ‘69 - B. Adams
Torn - Natalie Imbruglia
Walk of Life - Dire Straits

Has anybody already created a combi for one of theses songs and want to provide it?

Thanks in advance
Marko
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: