Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

korg m3r sounds replicated in korg M1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm gonna grab a coffee and take another look at this now.

I'm pretty sure the parameter values are correct, so any differences might be down to routing issues or something, which may take a little investigating.

If I could really be bothered I'd analyse the sysex and write a little conversion utility (maybe Darren might like to do that, as he's done so often in the past) but I'm too loaded with stuff for that at the moment...

Stay tooned...
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I don't think there's much more I can do with this. I checked the parameters and they all tally, both for the individual patches and the combis, and all routing things that I cans ee are set correctly.

Basically, I load the sysex for the M3r into SoundDiver's M3r editor, which is a derivative of the M1 editor.

I then open the M1 editor (which looks identical, although it obviously has extra M1 features like the dual-oscillator architecture) and transcribe the values into that for all the voices and combis involved.

All data looks identical between the two editors, same values etc. I then export the data and import it into the M1 Legacy.

If the M1 and M3 have the same internal architecture, ie the M3r is the same code as the M1 with the extra oscillator removed etc, then the resultant patches *should* sound identical.

EHT fact that they don't implies, barring me overlooking something really obvious, that the M3r scales things differently internally, so equivalent parameter values don't produce identical results between the two machines.

This may be why there aren't conversion utilities either. So it may be that the two machines, while obviously closely related, aren't quite parameter-compatible.

I'm sure you could tweak the patches to get closer, but it's not really what I signed up for (maybe if it was for patches I needed I might go to the effort of doing that).

You are welcome to take the settings I've done and tweak them closer - expecially if there are any M3r/M1 Legacy owners out there that can do it directly (I was always shooting in the dark here).

So, that's about all I can do, I'm afraid...
Edugonc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: I need a copy of PDF Manual M3R..... anybody have? Reply with quote

Hello friends,

I´m Brasilian people and have a M3R KORG.

I need a copy of Manual M3R, anybody help me ?

e-mail: eduardo.goncalez@unibancoaig.com.br

Great Regards....
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Carl - just came across this:-

In the latest M1 version, go to the T1 Combi Presets (Card 1) bank, and go to 50: "Flier".

That's your Kryptonite patch. It's also Card 2 50: "Flier" as well.

I noticed looking here: http://www.synthmania.com/t3.htm and I was going through the combi numbers, which match up according to that T3 list, except in his T3, Combi 50 was called Kryptonite, but the T1 presets, 50 was called "Flier" - but it's the same sound...

So that one is in there, at least... Wink
NGHF

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:36 pm    Post subject: Korg M3R - welcome to join our friendly FB group here: Reply with quote

Korg M3R - welcome to join our friendly FB group here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/865106647833108

Rgds,
Nicklas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: