Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update on My OASYS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkF786 wrote:
Guys, stop feeding the trolls. They thrive on attention, and in this case what better attention could Ricky hope for than from representatives of Korg? You're above wasting your time on this guy.

Smile

Mark

Agreed. Hence why I never bothered to say anything to him. Speak to the hand
ricky recordo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you're right Martin... what do I know? Very Happy

Well I know this much... my homeboys did this gig yesterday http://www.virginfestival.ca/toronto/ and they rocked this town hard... BTW Dave spent two days here last week working out some tunes on the old bargain-bin Wurlie... I guess it works okay for him...

...and I'm gigging with Andrew tomorrow night:

http://www.myspace.com/andrewwalkermusic

I'm flying shotgun. You can bet the M3's staying home for this one.

We shared a good laugh once again tonight though. Thanks, M3!

The XS is coming .

But I know f*ck all, don't I Martin?

Why not post one of your upcoming gigs...

I'll take you on in any cage, any time... on any turf - yours or mine.

I'll gladly pay the airfare either way.

Saved your OASYS MP3s back in the day, but they're still gay so come on, let's play

"oh gosh no Ricky, I'd never want to meet you because..." some lame reason follows.

Come on. I'm buying you a trip to Canada.

"No way I'd ever..."

I repeat. Lame. Not that there's anything wrong with that. We are what we are.

I'll buy you a ticket to Toronto and a hotel room to boot.

Come on Korg Forum people, whaddya say?

"CAGE MATCH CAGE MATCH!!! SNAP RICKY LIKE A TWIG... GO MARTIN GO!!! YOU CAN DO IT... LET'S GO MARTIN, LET'S GO..."

I bet you can't snap me like a twig, Martin.

You never have.

You never will.

Not online - (although your fellow online-fanboys will surely disagree).

Never one on one though. That's a promise.

Do it. Snap me like a twig.

I'll wire you a round-trip ticket in advance so you can put my money where your mouth is.

PM me (if you're even half the twig-busting man you think you are... but as we ALL know, you're not)

(Insert Martin's excuse for not accepting my offer here):

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricky recordo wrote:
But I know f*ck all, don't I Martin?

Why not post your post your upcoming gigs...

Oops - did I snap your twig?

I'll take you on in any cage, any time... on any turf - yours or mine.

Ricky,

I misunderstood your "cage match" reference. It appears you were using that term regarding some type of music playing content. I thought you were actually talking about a REAL cage match. Don't they have cage wrestling or Ultimate Fighting contests in Canada?

My "I would break you in two like a twig" statement was referring to an ACTUAL cage match. I don't think you want to get into a REAL cage match with me. I'm pretty big, and I am not particularly fond of you.

If you are interested in a REAL cage match I am definitely interested. I would want you to come here to DC since I am too lazy to travel to Canada. We could have our match in my garage (I would just pull the cars out). My "weapon of choice" for our cage match would be a 2"x4" piece of wood approximately 6 feet long. Although I could use a keyboard like the OASYS and "whack you with it" like you described earlier, I wouldn't want to damage it. Also, given the OASYS 88' bulk and weight, I wouldn't be able to generate as much force as I could with a good ol' plank of wood. Smile I, of course would be fair and provide you with an equally sized plank. I could close the garage doors and we would be "trapped", simulating a cage.

ricky recordo wrote:

"oh gosh no Ricky, I'd never want to meet you because..." some lame reason follows.

Ricky, I wouldn't want to meet you because I don't like you, and that judgement is solely based on your behavior in this forum. Haven't you figured that out?

Regarding a "musical cage match content", I would hope you could outplay me given I have always presented myself as a music hobbyist, while you have presented yourself as a musical expert.

I WOULD be interested in hearing more about what you actually do, both musically and professionally. You present yourself as a professional music "something", but you never have clearly stated your credentials.

You have stated you work with autistic people (which is a good thing and somewhat surprising to me given your behavior on this forum), but you have been vague about whether that is a profession or volunteer work.

You have stated you are "semi-pro", but who knows what that means?

You have stated you help some musicians who appear to play professionally, but you never have really presented in detail what services you provide them and whether those services are free or paid.

You have offered to allow me to contact some of these musicians you have helped, but I am more interested in hearing YOU state what you actually do.

Finally, for some strange reason you are totally unwilling to state your real daytime profession.

I am very suspicious of people who claim to be "experts" in a particular field but are unwilling to present their credentials. You could easily provide us with a short "bio" while still protecting your anonymity.

How about providing a short bio about yourself, BEING SPECIFIC?

Last edited by MartinHines on Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:14 am; edited 3 times in total
ricky recordo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on then.

PM me your co-ordinates and I'm there, big boy.
ricky recordo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waiting...
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricky recordo wrote:
It's on then.

PM me your co-ordinates and I'm there, big boy.

I just sent you a method by which we can obtain and verify each other's REAL contact information (via actual postal mail to both addresses). You can start the process by providing your contact information to me (as described in my PM).

Given you have never provided any verifiable information about yourself, I think it is only fair that you provide your contact information first. As you will see, I really am "Martin Hines" from Washington, D.C..

I am going to go "out on a limb" and assume your name is not really "Ricky Recordo".

In the meantime, I would like to hear more about your credentials as I requested in my previous post.

P.S. -- I am going to bed now (it is 1:30am here) but I will check my PM sometime tomorrow.
ricky recordo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have my PM.

It's on baby.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricky recordo wrote:
You have my PM.

It's on baby.

You PMed me, but have not yet complied with Step one -- providing me with your REAL contact information so I can create a letter and mail it back to you.

Given you are the person who first issued a cage match challenge, and given you have never provided any us with your real name, it is only fair that you provide your contact information first.

** Update **
It appears you are balking at providing me with your contact information. This is Step One.

Alternatively simply authorize Daz to release to me your contact information. Sharp already has mine contact info.
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp/Daz,
Isn't it time to close/lock this thread. KF is above this nonsense.
Cheers,
Eric

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
curvebender
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
sn't it time to close/lock this thread. KF is above this nonsense.

It is indeed time to close it..
admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locked.

We do not have the time at the moment to handle in this detail, but will be doing so.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: