Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So, I may need to resolder my power connector onto the board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ascoe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: So, I may need to resolder my power connector onto the board Reply with quote

Does anyone have images or schematics or anything?

Should I just wing it and open it up?
rob.ocelot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: So, I may need to resolder my power connector onto the b Reply with quote

Ascoe wrote:
Does anyone have images or schematics or anything?

Should I just wing it and open it up?

Sure you can, but I would pull out a multimeter to check that you have good continuity on the pins and find out which part of the connector is flakey. Resoldering will not add any strength to the connector. If you are getting intermittint power problems you should also check that the circuit board is not being flexed or cracked -- which is much more difficult to fix (and fix properly so you aren't repeating the same stresses to the board). It's a shame that Korg saved a few pennies with an inline carpet wart (or wall wart) instead of an onboard power supply. The fit of the power connector onto the machine seems a bit suspect, like the connector is mismatched but someone ordered too many power bricks and decided "it sorta fits, then it'll work". I haven't opened my machine yet, but the internal boards can't take up so much room that an internal power supply cant be put in there.

If your unit is still under warranty (I believe it's 1 year from Korg) I would talk to Korg Service first before opening though.
asdasd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow they are fragile, mine broke too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: