Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP Pleeeaaaassee!! Could anybody please tell me how to get

View previous topic :: View next topic  
omidfull1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: HELP Pleeeaaaassee!! Could anybody please tell me how to get Reply with quote

Could anybody please tell me how to get a style and/or performance from a floppy onto a flashcard or onto any of the users on the keyboard please? Where can I find instructions for these? Where can I find good instructions for anything concerning the PA80 in a search format on the internet?
I would also like to know how I can edit a style on a user a or flashcard so that it could use a different performance. thank you VERY much!! Smile Very Happy Laughing
Tariq

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Omidfull1,

It is an easy process all you need to do is while you have your floppy in the drive you press Disk then Load then you see your Set and then you press open and there you see four folders Global, Performance, Program and Style so from there you open the Style folder there you see User1 User2 and User3 then depending which folder your style is you choose the right User say User1 you will see U1: 1 to 16 and there you choose your desired style and press Load then it asks you to U1: 1 to 16 and you choose your desired area in your User1 area in your Keyboard and you press Load and you are done when you are done you press HD Direct until you see the bottom LED light up and choose the User where you have loaded your Style and Press and select the Style. You would be very happy Wink

Best Regards,

Tariq
omidfull1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Could you help me pleeeaaassee...Could you please tell me ho Reply with quote

Could you please tell me how to transfer a different performance onto a style (on the same flashcard or same disk...and from a disk onto the style of a flashcard please, thank you!! Smile) Smile Very Happy
omidfull1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: ...Basically, how do I match (the voice) a performance with Reply with quote

...Basically, how do I match (the voice) a performance with the style
Tariq

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is a very simple process when you load a Disk or Flashcard it gives you four choices. In the LOAD process it gives you GLOBAL, PROGRAM, PERFORMANCE and STYLE. So you can select only say PERFORMANCE and Load the performance on your existing styles on the Keyboard. Once that is done you can write the desired sounds or drumkit to the style you want to. Same way is the Flashcard Very Happy .

Regards,

Tariq
omidfull1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Hi, Thank you Reply with quote

Could you please give me a step by step for this one like last time please. Thank you Tariq Jan.
Tariq

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omid Jan,

Step One
: Assuming you have already the Set loaded in your Keyboard you take another Disk containing a Set you want to mix you insert it in your lovely Korg Pa80 Disk Drive and go to Disk MENU by pressing Disk. Step Two: you choose from the Disk MENU you choose Load and press it then F1 (that is if you have a Hard Drive installed if not you see FD) and you would see your Whatever.SET there you choose OPEN not LOAD and once you do that you see four lovely folders Step Three: You see GLOBAL, PERFORMANCE, PROGRAM and STYLE from there you Choose PROGRAM or PERFORMANCE and again you press Open not Load !!!!! Step Four: Once you open that folder it asks you BANK.PRF and again you press Open Not Load and you see all your PERFORMANCES like Grand Piano or whatever, there you choose the desired tune or whatever and press load and that is when things get Fun... Very Happy Step Five: Now it asks where you want to Load the desired tone or whatever and you have to know where you want it in the user area of your Keyboard and Performance area that is. Once you know where you want that desired tone you load it and you are done and you close all the screens and you are Set to Rock Very Happy . It is very simpe you follow the same procedure when dealing with Korg's lovely 8Mb cards.

Best Regards,

Tariq
omidfull1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: I don't understand Reply with quote

OK, alright. Here's what I exactly want. I want to match a performance on my flashcard WITH a STYLE I have on the same flashcard. Basically, I want to REPLACE the existing PERFORMANCE on a STYLE on the flashcard with a DIFFERENT PERFORMANCE. I.e. I have a style called beat 1...it has Performance "PIANO" to play with it...I would like to change "PIANO" with "GUITAR" let's say Smile Thank you very much Smile)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA80 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: