Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Someone working at Korg explain me this.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dorremifasol wrote:
GregC, perhaps you shouldn't be so confident about the future aesthetics of your M3.

Shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere?
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
cowtothesky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I just saw the pic of the faded button. That is not good. I hope they do fix these in the near future.
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that on a Yamaha Motif forum an easy way to 'diss' the competition would be to scratch the paintwork off a competitors product and take a picture of it and say that it came that way. We have no evidence that it came out of the box that way and it's very unlikely that it passed the QC inspection at the factory that way.

Mike Molloy
Korg UK Technical Support
MauroR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it can be a also that way, but it is crazy that a guy ruin it's 3000 euros keyboard to "diss" the competition, I can't imagine it. If he really does this he needs some brain healing. Ah, without any offense of course, just a statement.

Last edited by MauroR on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It seems to me that on a Yamaha Motif forum an easy way to 'diss' the competition would be to scratch the paintwork off a competitors product and take a picture of it and say that it came that way. We have no evidence that it came out of the box that way and it's very unlikely that it passed the QC inspection at the factory that way.

WHAT??? you guys are incredible. I took the photo, and I have not intention of 'dissing' any 'competition'. I had a problem, and I talked about it. I have done it 1000 times before in various other forums and about many other machines, but I have never been accused this way.

By the way, I never said it came that way, the button is wearing out of normal use, which is worse.

You can believe what you want.
Unknown Sound

Location: On a small island just off the coast of an island not to far from Antarctica

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, I posted my initial concern about this after looking at pictures of the M3.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25182

There is no way I thought Korg would print on the buttons. That is industrial manufacturing rule #1...Print above/below the button or etch!

Will we end up with lots of owners in the same situation? If it where Apple we would see a Class action lawsuit!

-US.
MauroR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to have raised all this dust, it wasn't my intention, but since I'm dying for the Oasys and I can't afford it right now and I don't want to wait more time since I need a new workstation as soon as possible the M3 it's seemed the right compromise, Karma 2, many programs that are in the Oasys, etc., but I want to know if it's an isolated issue or it is a built problem, however it costs more than 3000 euros here in Italy, it's not so cheap, since i have had a bad experience with a Korg digital piano (it stopped working after less a month after purchasing, now it's beeing repaired) I don't want another displeasure, that's all. I want the same attention and caring also for an instruments that costs less than the half price of the flagship Oasys, siince my money are good i want that also the things I buy are built with caring and properly working. That's my point.

P.S. I'm not accusing anyone at Korg, just to let you know.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should consider the M3. And I also own the XS7

We are not 'formal Korg Service & Warrnaty' but you will find folks here to be very helpful.

The whole itty bitty paint coming off a key is such a minor nit, IMO

You don't see anyone harping about itty bitty nits with the XS, do you ?
It has a few but its not worth being anal about it

IMO
MauroR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The argument it is for everything, If I buy a thing that costs more than 3000 euros I don't want that looks like an 10 years old thing after one months I've purchased it, that's the point, and I'm right.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uktechsupport wrote:

Mike Molloy
Korg UK Technical Support

You've got to be joking by giving such a reaction as a support office.

Why would anybody break his own M3 to show off that a Yamaha is better quality. Come on, you don't believe this yourself do you. Please take these reports seriously from users.
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they have fixed this problem in the newer units, but my M3 buttons are definitely painted and do not have any protective film.

Better check it yourself at the shop before buying.
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi qrobinez

I take any posting very seriously and value any comments and opinions. Having worked for Korg for 6 years I have seen all sorts of faults on various products... nothing suprises me as to what people will do to a product and claim that it was made that way. I'm not saying that is what is happening in this case, but it does happen.

Mike
jazzman1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some things just should not change. I still have one of my 01w/fd synth's and when I polish it up it does'nt look near 12+years old. I used that thing up to five days a week for 12+ years. I wish I could afford the M3 but in all honesty, I cant see it holding up near as well as the 01w,M1,T series ect. The bad thing is this, and I may be wronge, but, take a good look at the M3, now think unlike previous Korg Workstaions it has a unique look and design that with time can come back to bite you when the prettiness wears off. Some of the old gear looks just, well old and used but they were some what industrial built. The M3 is built for looks and style. I dont no if thats a good idea for a (street)work horse. It fits nicely in the home and blends well with the rest of the furniture but clubs,bars,drunks, I dont know "LOL"
bkboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whilst the m3 sounds pretty good overall, there are so many questions unanswered (when comparing with the older and cheaper triton extreme):

1) half of the sound banks are empty (why couldn't korg fill them up). if we want to do our own user programming, we would later

2) build quality: the design looks fugly, and its definitely mechanical engineering design 101 for synths that unprotected text should always be silk screened outside of the button perimeter (otherwise it should be laser etched).

3) why is korg delaying so long for some expansions/soundbanks? motif xs users have everything at their fingertips.

i don't think the korg rep from uk can say that motif users are simply dissing the korg. as someone mentioned, many motif users own multiple synths; they don't look at korg and yamaha as 'competition', they look at korg and yamaha (and roland) as more 'colors to the palette' for paint brush.

i for one love all the big 3 especially korg and yamaha, so i won't favor one over the other, each has its unique characteristic. but i am definitely disappointed with the m3 (when compared to triton extreme).
khol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any more pictures from worned keys?

Would be nice if you guys could post pics and for how long you've had youe keyboard.

Trinity: I just noticed another thread on karmalab that your rec/stop button is starting to bleech.... ouch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: