Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

using mini-usb port on Korg Tr for transfer of data?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicalysmitten

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: using mini-usb port on Korg Tr for transfer of data? Reply with quote

Can I use the mini-usb port on my Korg TR to transfer data back and forth from my computer instead of using the 'exb-smpl' card, which I don't have on the computer.
Secondly, should I buy the exb-smpl card which comes with only 16mb of data storage, 3 minutes: how do I expand it to 64mb. I see in the photos that there is a expansion strip attached to the expansion board, however, I don't know whether one has to buy a '64 mb' simm strip or whether the simm
strips for the korg come only in multiples of 16, ie: 16,32,64?
row-jay Surprised

Last edited by musicalysmitten on Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
nikola81

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st one no you can't use usb on TR to load data from computer, it is used for TR to be external keyboard controller, you should buy media card reader for your computer and transfer data to sd card and then to Korg (for example .pcg files, midi files, samples...).
2. You don't need to buy exp-smpl board to be able to expand memory. TR has two simm memory slots where you can install 2x32Mb of memory so you can load 64Mb of samples. Go to classic thread on this forum to get information on correct type of simm memory.
hope i didn't confuse you.
musicalysmitten

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: simm slots in korg TR Reply with quote

Nicola: I can't see where the simm cards might fit on the TR? is it in the back near the exb-smpl slot? or so I have to find some other opening.
The Karma has the opening on the top left but not the TR.
let me know.
What kind of sd reader can I get to work with my computer? my laptop doesn't have a sd reader.
row-jay Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: