Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

shall i sell Trinity V3 or keep it?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

shall i sell the Trinity V3 or keep it?
sell
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
keep
88%
 88%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 18

kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: shall i sell Trinity V3 or keep it? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

i owned since 1999 a korg trinity V3 (that seems to be quite rare almost here in italy) and some months ago i bought the new M3-61.

I have to admit that now i do not use so much the trinity, actually i use it for rehersal with my band.

as i see that Trinity in general is considered better than its offspring as Triton or Tr and especially the V3 seems to have high consideration and value, the question is:

you would keep it or sell it to buy some more new stuff (consider i need great synth pad and fat/aggressice lead) ?
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people who sell a Trinity seem to regret doing so, or so I hear in this forum.
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: shall i sell Trinity V3 or keep it? Reply with quote

kimu wrote:

you would keep it or sell it to buy some more new stuff (consider i need great synth pad and fat/aggressice lead) ?

Keep it, or you'll regret selling it Smile I still have it and use it regularly (although I've switched to TR-RACK and I'm thinking about getting another one). There's just something about that sound that makes me smile Smile
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: shall i sell Trinity V3 or keep it? Reply with quote

vEddY wrote:
kimu wrote:

There's just something about that sound that makes me smile Smile

it 's the same feeling that makes a little bit difficult deciding to sell it or not... some lead (who say monster lead Twisted Evil ??) have something i do not find in other synth
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: shall i sell Trinity V3 or keep it? Reply with quote

kimu wrote:

it 's the same feeling that makes a little bit difficult deciding to sell it or not... some lead (who say monster lead Twisted Evil ??) have something i do not find in other synth

Ah, and couple of others... Tsunami warning, Breath of Life, brass pad... there are a lot of favorites there Smile
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the low value you'd get by selling it (about £400, €570), I'd keep it. It's a beautiful pad/strings machine, with a silky quality to it.

Ultimately only you can decide, though. What works for others may not work for you.
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timo wrote:
For the low value you'd get by selling it (about £400, €570), I'd keep it. It's a beautiful pad/strings machine, with a silky quality to it.

Ultimately only you can decide, though. What works for others may not work for you.

mmm you're sure of such value? i see some month ago a "normal" trinity sold for 850euro and in italy it seems that trinity V3 sold (used of course) for 1000euro.

are this prices too high in your opinion?
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimu wrote:
Timo wrote:

mmm you're sure of such value? i see some month ago a "normal" trinity sold for 850euro and in italy it seems that trinity V3 sold (used of course) for 1000euro.

Unfortunately, yes. It's not the question of sound quality, it's just that everyone seems to think that just because something is older it's necessarily worse, which is not always the truth.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimu wrote:
Timo wrote:

In my opinion, the Trinity is easily worthy of much higher prices.
However, £350 (or less) is what I see on ebay, which is a crime, and which is why I would be cautious.

Admittedly eBay is not ideal though, as it is seems it is a buyer's market (for getting bargains) more than a seller's market, so selling privately (locally, or via music readers' adverts (like in the Sound-On-Sound magazine), or other advert magazines or similar) may bag you more.

If you say you have seen other Trinitys go for €850 to €1000 then, if you want to sell it, go wherever you saw those to sell your own.

A few years ago in the UK here the Trinity was fetching closer to £700 (€1000). However, I'd say £500 to £550 (€700-€800) would probaby be top end here now unless you have a 76 or 88 key version. (This is based on prices in the UK, though.)

I wonder what Sharp got for his when he sold his. I'm not sure if he sold the options (HDR-TRI, SOLO-TRI) separately or if he kept them as one bundle with the keyboard.

But if it's as low as €550 I think for the price you wont get anything better than the Trinity. Don't forget it's a beautiful controller keyboard too (despite the lack of knobs).

I guess it depends on your mileage. What works for one person may not work for others. Personally I still use mine day in, day out, particularly the MOSS aspect and for pads/strings (the EGs on the Trinity are well-specified and sound great for evolving sounds), and the overall sound responds well to external processing (such as compression, tape-emulation, etc.). I really do quite like the main piano multisample, too, and the Trinity is still my main controller keyboard to connect to other modules. However, I do have the PBS-TRI option which increases the Trinity's usage. On the other hand, the Trinity is almost totally incapable of creating sounds like the Access Virus (which is a virtual analogue synth), but they compliment each other really well (the Virus is equally totally incapable of creating sounds like from the Trinity V3) and both of them have ace sound quality.

However, if you don't use the Trinity AND you can get a good deal for it, then you'd benefit from selling it.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just seen this V3 on ebay go for £485 (€700), as a "Buy It Now" auction:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120159128381

However, this one isn't currently doing too well:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KORG-TRINITY-SYNTHESISER-61NOTE-HUGE-TOUCHSCREEN_W0QQitemZ320158531606QQihZ011QQcategoryZ38071QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The prices always seem very variable how they go.
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timo wrote:
I've just seen this V3 on ebay go for £485 (€700), as a "Buy It Now" auction:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120159128381

However, this one isn't currently doing too well:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KORG-TRINITY-SYNTHESISER-61NOTE-HUGE-TOUCHSCREEN_W0QQitemZ320158531606QQihZ011QQcategoryZ38071QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The prices always seem very variable how they go.

Don't sell it. If youre broke, then no choice. If you got money, keep it!
"I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. "When you look for me,you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me, I will let you find me, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is in good shape i could give you over 1000 euros for that....just let me know if you are interested in. It is not for me but for a friend of mine who wants the trinity V3 (moss included) really bad.

I live in Greece Athens...I think that shipping is not an issue..
Just let me know

Nikos
Spacecowboy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: should i sell the trinity V3 Reply with quote

no lol

Last edited by Spacecowboy on Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Spacecowboy...

I think you are a little confused here. I have never bought your Moss from e-bay. Perhaps you thought that i was someone else.

Anyway i didn't need the moss my self cuz i have it already installed in my Triton Extreme. So i fitted the solo-tri (Plus) in my Trinity. I know what both boards can do.

I have a Giga collection of pianos and other sounds for my 6 hardware synths and above 20 VSTi ones.

It is just that i wanted to have Trinity itself...you see i love that Synth!

Dear Regards
Bonkwell
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gang Smile

The Trin is one of the sweetest sounding romplers I’ve heard, and the FX’s section just sparkles, listening to the reverbs alone on vocal tracks show how good it is.

Regards

Trev.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: