Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

downloaded Syn_thesis...help loading it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamiefbolton

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: downloaded Syn_thesis...help loading it Reply with quote

Hey,
I downloaded the Syn_thesis stuff from Korg, and it says that it will load into the bank E....but i have programs that I use stored in bank E....will i be able to choose the banks E numbers that Syn_thesis is saved to...or will it start and 000...? anybody know?I don't want to overwrite my programs that I use...
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save all your data ("save all" in media mode).
Load synthesis in bank E, no matter it will overwrite your sounds.
Choose the sounds that you like from synthesis.
Load all your data.
Go to synthesis folder, file .pcg and load sounds one by one to free slots and banks in Extreme (add them to your previous sounds).
Save all and you have both.
tomleitch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that way could work, another way i have found that works quite well is to check out the new programs on the PCG file in media mode, pick the ones i like out of it and then save the individual programs that you want that way you will not copy the whole bank across just do individual progs...

but like shrike says make sure to back all your data up first, if you copy the whole PCG it will overwrite whatever is in the bank....as i found out last week 3d Faint
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I forgot to mention that - you can hear sounds even while browsing them in media mode, so you can save your time that way, browse, hear what you like and load just that.
Another thing;
Tomleitch, the other day you had some sequencing issues, I forgot to mention one thing.
Track that you record can stay on their default midi channels, as long as it isn't channel one. And timbres that you want to play live along with the recorded ones assign to channel one/two/three etc. So you can have one set of sounds on channel one, one set on channel two etc. That's how you can play various instruments with just changing midi channel while performing.
But I expect you managed that already, am I right? Very Happy
tomleitch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest shrike, i've not had chance yet as i lost a load of my combi's through accidentally overwriting them Silenced

i had backed up a while ago so luckily i didn't loose everything but i lost about 5 combis which had taken me quite a while to put together...and i had a gig last night which i needed them for so i have been busy doing that.

All being well i should get some time to have another play with the sequencer this week... but thanks again for your help it is much appreciated.
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One small tip for ensuring not to lose your data again.
When you save, besides saving to CF or thumb drive, save to PC also. Connect Extreme and PC with ordinary USB cable, go to USB mode in Media and save on PC. So no matter what you do to your synth, you'll always have a backup there.
It can be pain in the a** at the beginning, but when it becomes normal for you, you'll love it.
tomleitch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mate will do Smile
jamiefbolton

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help guys...i'll try it and see what happens
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: