Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fender HM Stratocaster + Roland V-Synth GT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Promote Your Music Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LEVEL4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Fender HM Stratocaster + Roland V-Synth GT Reply with quote

Okay, check it out . . . I just dug up my old "HM" Fender Strat that I bought in like 1990 ("HM" stands for "heavy metal"). I plugged it into my Roland Fantom-X workstation, and started recording. Then I plugged in my Yamaha electric bass that I never played (I mean, I've NEVER played it 'til tonight), and laid down a bass line. Oh yeah, and then I laid down an acoustic intro (I'm not that good a guitarist, I just have lot of 'em). The first lead is the V-Synth. All the rest is the Strat through the built-in overdrive on my little Crate amp.

It's the first track, "09 Laid." EDIT: Forget "Laid." Listen to Track 10: "Walk" first. It's my latest, and I think best so far.

http://www.myspace.com/level4films

It's only 24 measures with a board fade at the end. I really wanna know what you guys think! The good, bad, and the ugly . . . go ahead, tear me a new one!

Last edited by LEVEL4 on Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
janke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guitarplaying is wonderful i wish i could play like thath Laughing
I have searsh lot on internet to find good instrumental music with dreamy guitarplaying like this can anyone give me some exampel?

tanks
LEVEL4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

janke:

Well, thanks! That's quite a compliment! Thanks to the wonders of multitracking! I haven't played in a while, and my modest ability has never increased that much since high school. But having recently bought a pile of synths has really gotten me excited to try to play again—and so, I'm having a lot of fun playing guitar with my keyboards. Thanks for stopping by and listening, and thanks for posting your feedback!

Oh, as for instrumental guitar pieces, I would simply try a search using those terms in myspace.
cowtothesky

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great Level 4. Very nice playing! I play guitar myself and have layed down a few tracks at www.myspace.com/cowtothesky . Check it out when you get a chance.

Have you had a chance to check out the new VG Stat? I played one in a local guitarcenter and really liked it. Here is a link:

http://www.fender.com/vgstrat/home.html
LEVEL4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowtothesky wrote:
Sounds great Level 4. Very nice playing! I play guitar myself and have layed down a few tracks . . .

Well, thanks for the generous compliment! I'm not that good—I'm just faking it! Your stuff is very, very nice! Very accomplished guitar playing! Really like your guitar instrumentals. Nicely orchestrated, arranged, great super-melodic leads, etc. Excellent compositions! You're quite an accomplished guitar player! And composer! Hope to play as well as you someday!

Just uploaded a new one, called, "Track 10: Walk." It's a Roland Fantom-X grand piano intro, and the rest is mostly all electrified Stratocaster through my Line 6 Uber Metal pedal.

Last edited by LEVEL4 on Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
LEVEL4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowtothesky wrote:
Have you had a chance to check out the new VG Stat? I played one in a local guitarcenter and really liked it.

Yeah, I've studying that new Strat online. I neglected to try one out at Guitar Center yet. Guess I will now!
cowtothesky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LEVEL4 wrote:
cowtothesky wrote:
Sounds great Level 4. Very nice playing! I play guitar myself and have layed down a few tracks . . .

Well, thanks for the generous compliment! I'm not that good—I'm just faking it! Your stuff is very, very nice! Very accomplished guitar playing! Really like your guitar instrumentals. Nicely orchestrated, arranged, great super-melodic leads, etc. Excellent compositions! You're quite an accomplished guitar player! And composer! Hope to play as well as you someday!

Just uploaded a new one, called, "Track 10: Walk." It's a Roland Fantom-X grand piano intro, and the rest is mostly all electrified Stratocaster through my Line 6 Uber Metal pedal.

Thanks Smile

I checked out the new song. I really like the tone your getting on your strat. Sounds fantastic. Your making me want to buy a strat now! hehe
Keep composing! Dave
LEVEL4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Thanks for checking out "Walk!" Unfortunately, it's down right now. Myspace crashed that song and I'm still tying to re-upload it. As for the sound, I think you could get any guitar to sound that way using any heavy distortion pedal. (I have a humbucker-equipped Strat going through a Line 6 Uber Metal pedal.) What guitar were you playing on the "En Masse" lead solo? That sounded quite nice.
LEVEL4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LEVEL4 wrote:

MySpace finally uncrashed itself . . . Track 10: "Walk" is back up now.
cowtothesky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LEVEL4 wrote:
What guitar were you playing on the "En Masse" lead solo? That sounded quite nice.

You probably meant the solo in Final Requiem. I ran out of sequencing memory on 'En Masse', so I had to cut the solo Sad .
I play a 1984 Kramer Pacer Deluxe and a Taylor Acoustic. I custom ordered the Kramer back in '84 when I wanted to be the next Eddie Van Halen lol. I've gone through quite a few guitars since then, but stuck with this one because it is versatile enough to get decent Gibson and Fender tones. I still like the guitar a lot, but imo, nothing beats a good Fender American Strat for recording. As soon as I get my M3 and pro tools, I will be looking at the new VG Strat. I like the idea of not having to re-tune when playing live. My resources are a bit limited, so I have to purchase things one at a time Wink
LEVEL4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, duh . . . it was the lead solo in "Ocean View" I was listening to. Really very nice stuff and terrific musicianship (I assume you played all instruments?). What amp/pedals are you using? I think I'm going to get a small tube amp next. Deciding between the new Crate V18, Laney, Vox (are there others?). But I want to make sure the amp puts out enough overdrive so that I can still get a metal-level distortion. Not looking for just "blues-ey" distortion.

Anyway, your stuff is especially nice. I hear Rush, ELP, Yes, and some late '70s progressive influences in there (Mahavishnu, etc.). Everyone seeing this thread should have a listen. Quite accomplished, and very polished pieces.

HOLY SH*T! I'm listening to the lead in "Requiem" right now! F*cking beautiful! Really, really fine playing! Now THAT'S style! The break just before the slow lead . . . awesome! But that solo—really great, melodic, slow-fast, pretty licks!
cowtothesky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow man. Thank you so much. Means a lot to me. Yea, I sequenced everything on my Yamaha EX5 and layed down the guitars and vocals over the sequence.

I am playing through a Digitech 2120 (these are fairly cheap on Ebay now)and straight to a Roland VS880 for recording. I am a sucker for the 'all in one' pedals, although I do use a vintage 70's Morley Volume/Wah. The Morley is great for me because I can switch off my guitar with the volume pedal and go to keys when needed. I have experimented with a few pedals, but can't advise you much there. I am looking to buy an old Vox Superbeatle amplifier and would love a Leslie organ cabinet for the guitar Smile. I love vintage sounding equipment. Other than that, my setup is pretty simple. But, if I had the money... I would probably have tons of pedals, amps, guitars, and anything else my wife would let me buy. LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Promote Your Music Online All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: