Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Ol' Wavestation....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Good Ol' Wavestation.... Reply with quote

So I was watching Knight Rider series and there it is... loads of Wavestation sounds, and a particularly familiar Wavesequence in the background... What was the name of the sound from the Legacy collection, Ski jump or something? Smile
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
curvebender
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first got my hands on a Wavestation, which means the one in the LDC software, I was struck by how many of those presets I somehow recognized: all those movies from the early nineties!!
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Ol' Wavestation.... Reply with quote

vEddY wrote:
So I was watching Knight Rider series and there it is... loads of Wavestation sounds, and a particularly familiar Wavesequence in the background... What was the name of the sound from the Legacy collection, Ski jump or something? Smile

Ski Jam, I believe.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Unknown Sound

Location: On a small island just off the coast of an island not to far from Antarctica

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wavestation will always be my favourite synth. If there is ever a Legacy Digital Collection released for the OASYS, I'll buy one....an OASYS that is.

hint, hint Dan. Razz

_US.
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Good Ol' Wavestation.... Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:

Ski Jam, I believe.
- Dan

Yup, that's the one Smile I was close Smile I heard that wavesequence more then a few times in this series Smile

Cheers,
vEddY.
Personally? LPI. RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA. MCITP 2008 certification done. MCITP Virtualization Administrator done. MCITP Exchange 2010 done. MCITP MS SQL 2008 done. MCT done. MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE:Messaging and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure done. VCP5-DV done. VCI done. MCITP: Sharepoint 2010 Administrator done. VCP5-Cloud done. VCP5-DT done. VCAP5-DCA done. VCP6-DCV done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
curvebender
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard Tears for Fears fantastic "Seeds of Love" and recognized a wave sequence in the beginning of the song. I'm at work now so I can't check, but I think it's a sequence that's called "clocks" or something.

Oh well.
curvebender
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unknown Sound wrote:
The Wavestation will always be my favourite synth. If there is ever a Legacy Digital Collection released for the OASYS, I'll buy one....an OASYS that is.

hint, hint Dan. Razz

_US.

You do know that the Oasys has wave sequencing possibilities, right?

It has a majority of the original sequences, plus you can make your own, plus they can be stereo, plus the editing is more sofisticated than the original Wave Station, plus...

It even has a vector joystick!! Very Happy

Well, you get my point.

Now, be fruitful and get yourself an Oasys!!! Wink
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An iconic synth if ever there was.It maybe just another black box of tricks confined to history,but it must have been used on a hell of a load of Albums and by many bigname artists over the years.

A main staple of Enigma Albums too,the Preset "Deep Atmosphere" was an overused sound on their tracks.

Tangerine Dream,were big fans of the WS,they used the Wavesequences a lot also,a fair few on the "Rockoon" Album,and I dare say theres a few more that used it.

Dire Straits also used one of the presets,which was slightly modified on the "Planet of new orleans" track(On every street Album)

I'm sure there's hundreds more...

The Wavey is also a favourite of mine,only for the wavesequencing and some of its pads,its pretty much a bland instrument otherwise,the basic stock sounds are pretty much bland and Lifeless.

Last edited by Kontrol49 on Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
vEddY
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:

Dire Straits also used one of the presets,which was slightly modified on the "Planet of new orleans" track(On every street Album)
I'm sure there's hundreds more...

Yeah, that's like "Ski Jam" thing from LAC, but with some different sounds... some 6 months ago I made a combi sound that could do all of the sounds from that song in one single sound and you could do everything with two hands.. And DS had two keyboard players live, hehe Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: