Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer with lyrics and/or textfiles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
overa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Sequencer with lyrics and/or textfiles Reply with quote

Hi!

My name is Anders Overaa from Sweden and I’m a happy owner to an Oasys (I bought my Oasys in February 2007). I’m not professional. But I like the latest technology… and of course playing. About the sequencer: I have not tried it yet more than a couple of hours so I don’t have an opinion about if it’s bad or good. But I do miss three things in the sequencer:

1) Lyrics in Midi-files
2) The possibility to show a text-file in the display
3) Songbook from PA1X Pro which is very good

I’m using two keyboards today: Oasys 88 and Korg PA 1X Pro. My background sounds is Midi-file or the Styles in PA1X Pro (Midi OUT) to Oasys (Midi IN). Drums and Bass is aounding from Oasys and all others from the PA1X Pro. The sound I’m playing is coming from the Oasys. The only reason to keep the PA1XPro is the possibility to show lyrics and textfiles. So if Korg will do another release of the Oasys (1.4?) at least I will be happy if lyrics and textfile will be in that release.

My wish is: Record all background in to the Oasys as a Wave or MP3 (also a wish I have) and the point to have a textfile is to show the chords (for my memory) so I don’t’ have to use papers, eg:

Intr: G / G / Am
Vers: C / C D / Dm / A / E….
Refr: D / D / A…
Solo:
Vers 2:
Refr: 2 times
End: E / E

Or I can show the lyrics on chords in a textfile, e g:

“(D) Hello, I’m from (A) Sweden and I Like to (Em) play music….”
And one more thing: the textfile should be synchronized with the music. It should be “easy” to create a “textfile-track” to record then the next page should be shown in the text-file.

The songbook in the Korg PA1X Pro is fantastic. I miss It in Oasys. You can have several hundreds of songs in memory. To start a song, enter the numeric keybed: 124 + Enter and the song will start at once. You don’t have to load songs in memory. The song will be loaded then you enter the song number. You can also create a songlist so it’s very easy then you perform your music in the stage.

If this three things will be possible in Oasys (release 1.4?) I don’t have to carry on the PA1X Pro. Everything else is better in the Oasys: The sounds, the quality, the screen. The only thing which is bad is the weight. It’s a heavy synthesizer…

My history of keyboards: Korg M1 -> Korg 01 -> Korg i3 -> Korg i30 -> Korg Triton 76 -> Korg PA80 -> Korg PA1XPro -> Korg Oasys and a couple of others syntesizers.

Regards, Anders
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

Welcome to KORG Forums.

Quote:
1) Lyrics in Midi-files

I've mentioned this one myself a Long time ago..... Long before the OASYS ever existed.

My reasoning for the request was simply down to sequencing songs for clients. Having the words of their song linked to measures in the sequencer would greatly help me, or anyone who sequences music for clients in this way.

They act as markers.

Quote:

The Sequencer can already hold up to 200 songs (400,000 notes max). And you have the COMBI mode too.

So, this is not really something I'd like to see KORG working on for a Synth.

Regards.
Sharp.
silverdragonsound
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Hello.

Welcome to KORG Forums.

Quote:
1) Lyrics in Midi-files

I've mentioned this one myself a Long time ago..... Long before the OASYS ever existed.

My reasoning for the request was simply down to sequencing songs for clients. Having the words of their song linked to measures in the sequencer would greatly help me, or anyone who sequences music for clients in this way.

They act as markers.

Quote:

The Sequencer can already hold up to 200 songs (400,000 notes max). And you have the COMBI mode too.

So, this is not really something I'd like to see KORG working on for a Synth.

Regards.
Sharp.

Sharp I am with you 100% here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: