Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M3 Wishlist!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Reasonable wishes Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
ricard wrote:

2. Triton low pass resonant filter.
3. Triton LF0s.
4. And then triton compatibility.

I don't understand - if you want your M3 to be a Triton, why don't you just buy a Triton instead?

Things move on, KORG's synths have a new sound...

I see his point though. There are a couple things on the Triton that are implemented poorly by comparison. There was a step backwards in a couple areas that create limitations that the Triton didn't have. 2 and 3 I agree with. 4 would be almost impossible.

-Mc
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote ="moroe"]hi

i would like to have a touchscreen step sequencer for drums
[/quote]

You could use the piano roll in track edit for this. Zoom in so you can touch in a note. Works even better if you use a pen.
ricard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Reasonable wishes Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
ricard wrote:

3. Triton LF0s.

I don't understand - if you want your M3 to be a Triton, why don't you just buy a Triton instead?

Things move on, KORG's synths have a new sound...

I bought the M3 because I wanted an ALL in ONE synth for live performance an also for the studio. I alredy have an X50 which has de same sound as triton. But I prefer to carry and manage with only one machine. I agree: KORG's synth have a new sound...That's fine, but new sound should be better than old sound. I think new synth should update old synth. On the other hand I understand KORG prefer to sell the two models.
ozy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Reasonable wishes Reply with quote

[quote="ricard"]
X-Trade wrote:
ricard wrote:

3. Triton LF0s.

I bought the M3 because I wanted an ALL in ONE synth for live performance an also for the studio.

This is where you got it wrong (as I did).

I sold 5 or 6 synths and a POC based sequencer and I bought a "total" m3 (88, plus all expansions, radias and the works).

In the next months I bought back a couple of synths.

They tell me that the same experience happened to people who went for "my last synth forever, the oasys".

(I'd have to sell the vl1 to buy the oasys: never in my life...)

There are synths you buy for general purpose workstation tasks, and synths you use because they sound good.

"The sound good" factor can't be subsumed in a all-putrpose workstation.

Stop
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, the EDS filters are a massive upgrade over the triton. The resonance on the triton filters sound like just mixing in a sine wave, and then distorting horribly. The filters are one thing I almost hate about the Triton series.

I believe the complaint on the M3's filters is they aren't very good for acoustic sounds, is that it?
The EDS filters sound more like a VA, which is great for synth sounds. Maybe a more transparent and subtle 6db filter would be useful in this case.

I take it you're happy with the new filter routing system (having two full filters rather than the triton arrangement) though?
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
ricard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
IMO, the EDS filters are a massive upgrade over the triton. The resonance on the triton filters sound like just mixing in a sine wave, and then distorting horribly. The filters are one thing I almost hate about the Triton series.

I believe the complaint on the M3's filters is they aren't very good for acoustic sounds, is that it?
The EDS filters sound more like a VA, which is great for synth sounds. Maybe a more transparent and subtle 6db filter would be useful in this case.

I take it you're happy with the new filter routing system (having two full filters rather than the triton arrangement) though?

You hate Triton filters and I love them. Then I conclude it's only a qüestion of personal taste. Isn't it?. But I think KORG should satisfy the two.
snowbrow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Copy and Paste function for the Piano Roll Event Edit view Reply with quote

Here's one of my wishes ...

A tweak for the Korg M3 Xpanded which could be implemented in future updates, as I don't think it would be a big stretch:

a copy and paste function for the Page 6 Piano Roll Event Edit view in the sequencer.

I know this is already there in the list event edit page, but it is really non-intuitive and frankly, daft, to have to exit the Piano Roll Event Edit view to perform what is, after all, a very basic and frequent operation. Yes, I'm nit-picking, but ... Korg prides itself on the intuitiveness of their products, and this sort of detail is central to that concept.
RI Producer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: A Wish for the Piano Roll Reply with quote

http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?p=97178#post97178
cminor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a function to import/export keys from drumkits.
this way we can make a kit from different keys of different kits.
Attic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Korg Karma Reply with quote

Could we please get the original Korg Karma Keyboard soundset for the M3
mididiot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sound lag when changing combi patches. Please.
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:

well.... imo any VA synth actually has far better filters than korg workstation, from trinity to M3 the resonance is simply ridicolous and sounds really faked if compared with any VA (not to say if compared to a real analog...)
project71beats

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want decent presets period. You would think the M3 would have the best sounds but really it doesnt. Maybe they expect you to sample everything?
Korg PadKontrol
Mackie HR824

Have owned Triton le, TR, Triton Studio, M3
mojoehand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW KORG ME3 OPERATING SYSTEM WITH FIXES: AUDIBILITY TO HAVE INDIVIDUAL DRUM SOUND COME OUT OF THE SIX OUTPUTS WITH COMPRESSION AND EFFECTS. FIX GENERAL MIDI WITH OUT LOADING THIS FILE, FIX THE SOUND FONT PROBLEM AND A WINDOW WITH A GRID DRUM MACHINE LIKE COMPOSER AND EDITOR.

THAT'S WHAT i WANT, i NEED, i DON'T LIKE THE SOUNDS THAT MUCH BUT i LOVE THE SEQ and the funky drum patterns Rolling Eyes
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cminor wrote:
a function to import/export keys from drumkits.
this way we can make a kit from different keys of different kits.

cminor are you talking about how you can go up or down on the transpose/tune,key when you are editing drum kits... and it makes the entire drum kit change?

I think I ran up on it... and I was like, man this means there are tons of kits that we don't even access....

If this is what you are talking about then yes it would be very awesome to be able to get to these kits more easily!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: