Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

another bug v 1.3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mozartella

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: another bug v 1.3 Reply with quote

for me, since I installed the new v 1.3, 24 hours ago, I had to shut down the Oasys 3 times, because, when playing the Mod timbres, for no reason, when I try to change patche or timbre, suddenly the machine stop ..Nothing is working anymore, like screen, buttons, and seems related with the use of the MOD patches... I recall also having used toonight some IFX, but not yesterday ?

I am not able yet, to locate the trouble, but I never encounter something similare with the previous version... I did not notice trouble with others ( old) patches or timbre.....

Now, I would like to goes back to previous version, can I ?

thanks

when I installed the new OS, I used a blank CD-RW, and the software indicated by Korg for burning it... could it be the trouble?
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: another bug v 1.3 Reply with quote

mozartella wrote:
for me, since I installed the new v 1.3, 24 hours ago, I had to shut down the Oasys 3 times, because, when playing the Mod timbres, for no reason, when I try to change patche or timbre, suddenly the machine stop ..Nothing is working anymore, like screen, buttons, and seems related with the use of the MOD patches...?

How are you changing the Programs? Is it possible that this is related to the problem with cancelling from the popup, as reported by paulifra in this thread:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28301

Have you loaded the new MOD-7.KGE?

Can you name any of the Programs that you were trying to select?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
mozartella

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: another bug v 1.3 Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
mozartella wrote:
for me, since I installed the new v 1.3, 24 hours ago, I had to shut down the Oasys 3 times, because, when playing the Mod timbres, for no reason, when I try to change patche or timbre, suddenly the machine stop ..Nothing is working anymore, like screen, buttons, and seems related with the use of the MOD patches...?

How are you changing the Programs? Is it possible that this is related to the problem with cancelling from the popup, as reported by paulifra in this thread:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28301

Have you loaded the new MOD-7.KGE?

Can you name any of the Programs that you were trying to select?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Dan

Dan thanks for the help, yes I did loaded the MOD7.KGE, or ? do we have to load it each time?
no, to my recaal I did not use the Cancel button, sorry no time but later going to lock at it closer....But? do I go back to previous version?
mozartella

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing I can recall for sure, I was only in Program mode, NOT on Combi mode
Drew FM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say this. The only time I ever had a problem updating my Oasys was when I went from 1.20 to 1.23. That burning software that Korg directs you to has a burn speed option and you need to set this at a slower speed, depending on your drive itself and the quality of the media you are using. I would recommend to anyone burning a O.S. update to set the burn speed at it's slowest setting, and use verify option. Just be patient. This suggestion not only applies to the software Korg mentions, but I assume this would be the best pratice with any software you might be using.
mozartella

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew FM wrote:
I will say this. The only time I ever had a problem updating my Oasys was when I went from 1.20 to 1.23. That burning software that Korg directs you to has a burn speed option and you need to set this at a slower speed, depending on your drive itself and the quality of the media you are using. I would recommend to anyone burning a O.S. update to set the burn speed at it's slowest setting, and use verify option. Just be patient. This suggestion not only applies to the software Korg mentions, but I assume this would be the best pratice with any software you might be using.

thanks for the tip, but, for a long time, when burning I always choose a very slow speed, like 4 X
mdh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: another bug v 1.3 Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:

Hi Dan,

I had mine lock up similarly once also. I don't have any MIDI stuff attached yet (I have a Edirol UA25 currently plugged into my Boss GT-Cool

I will try to reproduce.

What I do recall is that the touchscreen as well as the mode, utility and bank select buttons were all dead. The tempo knob functioned fine. I can't recall for the sliders or knobs on the LHS but the buttons except for the KARMA on/off button were also dead.

Wait, its coming back to me, the sliders were fine and I was attempting to discover why my layering on a custom combo I made was causing the polyphony to be 4 keys. I was most likely flicking through every page on the touchscreen. It was stuck on the bank/combination select screen.

My custom combi I made with OS 1.2.3 - it only has the ROM voices.
Int A000, Int C035, IntF001, UsrA000, UsrA001, IntA008, IntC009, IntB090, IntF084 (the rest are defaulted to IntA000 and are muted)

I'm running OS 1.3 and have the preload, lac-1 and mod-7 files fully loaded.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: another bug v 1.3 Reply with quote

mdh wrote:
danatkorg wrote:

Hi Dan,

I had mine lock up similarly once also.

Thanks for the detailed info!

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
mozartella

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday, I had some times with the O, and, I did played about an hour, try that and this, and what not able to replicate the troubles..I was mainly in Program, mode, but, I know for sure, I did NOT pluged my USB key...wondering
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: